No Limit Stage 2 CAI

Ikyo

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot at the moment. I attempted to install my Stage 2 on my 2016. I couldn't get it to boot to line up correctly for the pipe. Is there some trick to the orientation of it? I tried to look online and couldn't find that much on it. Any suggestions or links would be a great help.

cappa

Reaction score
I used the stock clamp for the oval part. Just squeezed the boot to get it on the intake manifold. Not sure if that is what you are talking about. The pipe fit pretty tight into the boot but it went. My maf sensor ended up on the bottom near the ac line. It took some adjusting to get it to clear the hood thou, I finally got it figured out now but got some scuffs on my shiny intake before I got it figured. The no limit writing on the boot is clearly visible and pretty much centered from the front the way my boot sits. I used the silicone hose to replace that factory metal mess that comes from the secondary coolant tank as well.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot at the moment. I attempted to install my Stage 2 on my 2016. I couldn't get it to boot to line up correctly for the pipe. Is there some trick to the orientation of it? I tried to look online and couldn't find that much on it. Any suggestions or links would be a great help.

pretty simple, just clock the bend in the pipe to lay parallel to the secondary coolant bottle, so the bends lay pretty much flush against each other. that takes all the height out of the intake tube for good fitment .

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just take your time. A lot of people has rubbed paint off there hood. I took my time and even put a camera under the hood while i closed it to make sure it wasn't gonna rub the hood. It clears everything 100%.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Just take your time. A lot of people has rubbed paint off there hood. I took my time and even put a camera under the hood while i closed it to make sure it wasn't gonna rub the hood. It clears everything 100%.

LOL I did the exact same thing with the camera about a 100 times.

Ikyo

Reaction score
Did you leave the coolant line on top or did you put it below? I like the idea of replacing the line to not damage the factory one. I also don't think my boot has any writing on it.

Ikyo

Reaction score
Did you use any special hose? Happen to have a picture of it?

cappa

Reaction score
I ordered it from Mike with the intake. I'm sure a chunk of heater hose would do the trick thou

Attachments

• 20160819_063932.jpg
    20160819_063932.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 195

Ikyo

Reaction score
Hopefully Mike will let me know when I need to pick up so I can replace the factory hose incase I need to go back to stock. I just verified that my boot doesn't have any writing on it at all. So it might be a little harder.

Last edited:

ImAti0n

Reaction score
Hopefully Mike will let me know when I need to pick up so I can replace the factory hose incase I need to go back to stock. I just verified that my boot doesn't have any writing on it at all. So it might be a little harder.

I believe I picked up a 3/4" heater hose and some clamps at the local auto parts store for like $10

Ikyo

Reaction score
I think that is probably the best solution for the line to make it easy.

Ikyo

Reaction score
Go it put in finally. Replaced the factory hose with 3' of 3/4" heater hose. That made things a ton easier. Took a zip tie to pull it down so it didn't hit the hood.

Jomax

Reaction score
Go it put in finally. Replaced the factory hose with 3' of 3/4" heater hose. That made things a ton easier. Took a zip tie to pull it down so it didn't hit the hood.

That's what I did, you can see in the pic how I ziptied it

B6FF4CD9-E45A-45DA-82F9-AE02680A26E3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online