No Start- Low ICP

dthompson

Reaction score
Ok. Before I ever tried to start it I checked the oil. It was right at full. After all yesterdays cranking it was at the add mark. I topped it off, and checked the reservoir and it was about 3/4" from the top which I understand is right. Then I pulled the back plug on the passenger side oil rail and oil came out. Also the low pressure gauge on the dash has come up to normal. So I moved on and removed the IPR. First time doing that, kind of a b**** to get a ratchet on the socket. I'm just going to order a new, because a couple of the orings are broke, so I have to wait on them anyway. Hopefully this will get it running. Thanks everyone.

dthompson

Reaction score
Actually Joe, I think your right. After looking at the kits of o-rings. Like I said this is the first one, I've had out so I was unaware it was supposed to be like that.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Google 7.3 IPR O rings and get the Cat rings. There the same rings but a 1/3 the price. While you waiting clean your IPR.

dthompson

Reaction score
Can a guy effectively clean the IPR and get it to work? Joe where does a guy get the cat rings. I see 7.3 ones everywhere but can't seem to find where to buy the Cat ones

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just bought some bnib alliant parts last week and alliant has started getting their parts from China. Another one bites the dust.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can a guy effectively clean the IPR and get it to work? Joe where does a guy get the cat rings. I see 7.3 ones everywhere but can't seem to find where to buy the Cat ones

Should be able to. Most guys use brakekleen. They can be taken apart but I learned the hard way that I dont have smal.enough hands to handle the parts. I would suggest cleaning it assembled.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes cleaning the ipr is easy. Just paya ttention to how the itty bitty needle comes out, and make sure it goes back in the same way

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I was thinking Ford but I think I paid $6 IIRC.

I've taken them apart but it's unecessary. You can accomplish just as much by spraying the crap out of it.

033-6028 O-ring
123-3132 Backup ring
033-6039 O-ring

Last edited:

dthompson

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a new one. Should be in tomorrow, but there is 8" of snow on the ground and no shop. Might be a day or two before I get it in and try to fire it up again. Hopefully this is the ticket!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a new one. Should be in tomorrow, but there is 8" of snow on the ground and no shop. Might be a day or two before I get it in and try to fire it up again. Hopefully this is the ticket!

You dont have to lay in the snow to.change it. I changed mine in a snowstorm last week in a driveway. Take you about six minutes. 1 1/8 dw socket and done..

Sorry Im anxiously awaiting :D

dthompson

Reaction score
Dude it's killing me too. But after working outside all day working on the truck in single digits isn't high on my list. LOL. Maybe tomorrow evening. Cross your fingers!

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I spent 2 days trying to start my 2000 7.3 after a OBS 7.3 swap. No start no smoke with the tach working perfectly. As a last try I swapped CPS again.....bingo!.

Don't give up!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.