No Start- Low ICP

dthompson

Reaction score
Well the IPR seems to have been the ticket. Got it started and running. But I'm afraid the seller was right about the headgasket. :( Has no power and got hot on me. In the upper gears (6 speed) foot to the floor there is little to no acceleration. Going to look into it more tomorrow.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id caution you to get someones eyes on that to.verify for sure. Fuel.pressure tanking could.cause tye same issue you are describing.

dthompson

Reaction score
Not sure. I'm going to check things out today or tomorrow. Was a last minute thing yesterday. Definitely going to do some checking before I pull the heads. Previous owner told me it had a blown head gasket. I still don't believe it. Injector cups were toast. Lots of fuel in the coolant and some came out with the injector. Guess we will see tomorrow what I can come up with.

dthompson

Reaction score
Ok. Discovered that I forgot to hook up the line to the map sensor. Runs tons better! I only got to drive it about 5 miles but didn't overheat like it did the night before on the same trip. So need to add some coolant from when it puked it last night when it was hot and see how she does. It also tries to pop out of 2nd and 4th gear if you don't hold it. Any insight on this? Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok. Discovered that I forgot to hook up the line to the map sensor. Runs tons better! I only got to drive it about 5 miles but didn't overheat like it did the night before on the same trip. So need to add some coolant from when it puked it last night when it was hot and see how she does. It also tries to pop out of 2nd and 4th gear if you don't hold it. Any insight on this? Thanks

Any way you can plum in a pressure gauge and watch for pressure spikes?

And Synchronizers are prolly gone.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Plumb a pressure gauge where? Coolant system?

Yes. To see if there is a specific time it will spike or right from the getgo. Lets say it just slowly builds pressure up till it pukes or if it instantly spikes when you hit the throttle... or you can get a nifty tester like I got that is a vacuum canister with die in it to tell for sure or not if its the head gasket.. I prolly wouldn't run it wot incase its trying to combust coolant. Safest way is the test kit and you just do it at idle.

live life full throttle

JoeDaddy

Reaction score

Well that's awesome. I was just about to suggest you check to see if the boost reference hose going to the MAP sensor was cracked or loose. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.