obs motor into a SD

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Going to be swapping a forged motor into my truck soon. What all has to be changed over to make it fit. Will be getting a hpop and turbo at the same time so I know that has to be changed, I also know the plenums will have to be swapped. Is that all that will have to be changed over?

MossBack

Reaction score
Seems like valve cover harness as the OBS is 2 plug and SD is single plug is about the only other thing I can think of. EBPS tube and sensor if still equipped is in different spots but not to big of a deal.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
exhaust manifolds, up pipes, turbo, spider, injectors, hpop, vc harness, and all the front accessories will get swapped over. Is that it? seems like it should be the same to swap in a obs motor or a sd motor.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Nothing on the long block needs to be changed. The intake manifolds and exhaust manifold will need to be swapped.

I have an OBS motor in my truck right now.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hell ya, seems easy. Didn't know if it would be a pain to get too. Seems like I may just buy a stripped down obs block and throw all my parts on it. Luckily half the stuff that goes on it will be performance so it should make it easy on me.

Arisley

Reaction score
Why?

If there is nothing wrong with it, why touch it?

Because you can while it is out and easy. I would for sure inspect it for any rust or thin spots. If it showed the smallest issue anywhere, it would get replaced. If it looked fine, :whs:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well leave the block, rods and pistons and heads and maybe water pump and maybe the oil pan and maybe the oil cooler and maybe rockers and push rods and I think that's it.

But IMO I would swap a lot over or the best of the two.

iPhone

Question... Have you ever done this swap? Do you know anything about it other then what you read on the internet?

Only thing I swapped was the water pump... And that was because the OBS one was leaking...

Latest posts

Members online