OBS picture thread:

Jacob 76

Reaction score
Thanks. It definitely took me long enough, but I'd say it was worth it. Rides good, handles good, tows good, and it's got the wow factor so that's cool.

Redpower

Reaction score
What I started with.
95-2.jpg

Pretty much finished up. Just got to put the badges on the side yet.
ford13_zps02e0e435.jpg

ford14_zps48a1ac97.jpg

Jacob 76

Reaction score
I'm curious, is the big gusset on the front axle a personal preference or was it needed? How is the ride with the coil overs and radius arms up front, and where did you find the coil overs?

The truss was mostly for a square mounting surface to mount the link brackets to. I didn't want to cut a section out of the driver side spring perch like a lot of guys do to mount links so I bought a WFO truss and modified it to work for me. That and I plan to wheel the crap out of it and don't want to worry about bending or spinning a tube on my front end. It rides great! The springs are 450/550 on the coilovers and I got the shocks themselves used from a guy my brother works with.

brewer

Reaction score
Here's an update on mine. Got my 4.5" PMF RSK w/ V codes on a couple months back. Next up is N Fab steps and possibly a Protech headache rack and trac bars (do I dare go to OUO trac bars? :lookaround:), then moving to motor work.

20130421_191214_zpsf5be51fc.jpg

Stretched her legs in the mountains a bit at our camping spot
IMG_20130516_224625_zps1485a281.jpg

obs7.3

Reaction score
Here's an update on mine. Got my 4.5" PMF RSK w/ V codes on a couple months back. Next up is N Fab steps and possibly a Protech headache rack and trac bars (do I dare go to OUO trac bars? :lookaround:), then moving to motor work.

Don't do OUO, they're a great quality but you can make a set yourself for about 1/4 the cost of OUO. I made mine myself and spent a total of 200 bucks mounting brackets and all. I was in school though and had the welding program make my mounts but you can make a strong mount yourself if you have access to a welder and scrap metal.
Another friend of mine had a shop make up his bars and mounts for $350 installed. Has had them on for 2 years and hasn't had a problem. (And he doesn't baby his truck too often)
I'm just saying there's a lot of other options out there that are cheaper that do the exact same thing as OUO bars... I just can't justify spending $1000 for something that's pretty simple to do yourself, there's plenty of write ups on here about how to build your own set. Save the extra money and put it in your engine work funds

Greger96obs

Reaction score
Rancherstrocker6

Rancherstrocker6 what size wheel and tire combo are you running? Are those bilstein shocks? how's the ride? NICE TRUCK!

brewer

Reaction score
Don't do OUO, they're a great quality but you can make a set yourself for about 1/4 the cost of OUO. I made mine myself and spent a total of 200 bucks mounting brackets and all. I was in school though and had the welding program make my mounts but you can make a strong mount yourself if you have access to a welder and scrap metal.
Another friend of mine had a shop make up his bars and mounts for $350 installed. Has had them on for 2 years and hasn't had a problem. (And he doesn't baby his truck too often)
I'm just saying there's a lot of other options out there that are cheaper that do the exact same thing as OUO bars... I just can't justify spending $1000 for something that's pretty simple to do yourself, there's plenty of write ups on here about how to build your own set. Save the extra money and put it in your engine work funds

Thanks. Yea still trying to plan it out, trying to find a deal on some pre-mades since I don't have a lot of time. Still looking around. It needs something though.

What did you do in the rear suspension blocks? Lift springs?
Rancherstrocker6 what size wheel and tire combo are you running? Are those bilstein shocks? how's the ride? NICE TRUCK!

Much thanks. It's got 18" XD Hoss on 325/60/18 Goodyear Duratracs. Yep, bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners. The rear has 5.5" blocks from PMF also. Its just barely rear end low, so gonna do trac bars that bolt under the blocks to give it another inch or so.

It rides awesome, its super soft for an OBS (but wouldnt think twice about hauling in it) and I might argue it rides just as good if not better than my friend's 06 6.0 F350 on coils. I did have to recently put a BDS dual shock steering stabilizer on it, but now I'm really impressed with the overall setup.

mxtwo50r

Reaction score
18x12 cheyennes with 2" 8x6.5-8x170 adapters. Probably going to go with some new 17x14 welds so I can ditch the spacers if I can ever find an actual picture of how they look.

obs7.3

Reaction score
Thanks. Yea still trying to plan it out, trying to find a deal on some pre-mades since I don't have a lot of time. Still looking around. It needs something though.

Pro comp makes a premade set of bars and iirc river city diesel does too. but you'd still need mounts... on the axle I had a 1/4"x1" piece of flat steel bent into a U shape that I drilled a hole thru that was the same size as the bolt in the shock mount. I welded the piece right above the factory shock mount. I painted it and used it as the new shock mount and used the factory mount for the traction bars.

Or you can get the axle mounts from summit Lol. All you gotta do is weld them where you want.

Then you just need some flat steel to make up a frame mount. The hardest/longest part is deciding where you wanna put the mounts and then getting the material. The welding and bolting don't take but an hour once you have everything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.