Opinions on exhaust?

Palamides7.3

Reaction score
Going to upgrade. Thinking about a Diamond eye kit with the 3in DP. I can't decide whether to go 4" duals into a set of 5" tips, with no muffler, or a 5" single with no muffler. Anyone running one of either please let me know how they sound, ect. I love to hear the turbo whistle. lol

Or Maybe I'll stack it...

kramarj

Reaction score
I have 5" that is straight piped, have no idea what brand, was on it when I bought it. I love the sound of it, but the turbo whistle can be a bit much, I have been debating a muffler. I would definately go with 5" if I bought another truck. I have installed a couple of Diamond Eye kits and they are top notch, be nice if they came with band clamps, but still very good.

Palamides7.3

Reaction score
I have 5" that is straight piped, have no idea what brand, was on it when I bought it. I love the sound of it, but the turbo whistle can be a bit much, I have been debating a muffler. I would definately go with 5" if I bought another truck. I have installed a couple of Diamond Eye kits and they are top notch, be nice if they came with band clamps, but still very good.

I'm in love with the Turbo whistle, what do you mean a bit much?? lol Does it drone on the highway? not that you can hear anything over my injectors anyway...

kramarj

Reaction score
I'm in love with the Turbo whistle, what do you mean a bit much?? lol Does it drone on the highway? not that you can hear anything over my injectors anyway...

I am just saying the turbo whistle can get annoying. Other than that I have no complaints.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Going to upgrade. Thinking about a Diamond eye kit with the 3in DP. I can't decide whether to go 4" duals into a set of 5" tips, with no muffler, or a 5" single with no muffler. Anyone running one of either please let me know how they sound, ect. I love to hear the turbo whistle. lol

Or Maybe I'll stack it...
I have this exhaust on my truck, I like it, sounds great to me. Beware... it is a BITCH to install and rumor has it you can't run the spare underneath anymore but one of these days I'm going to try and squeeze it back in there. Removing the spare makes the install way easier.

Reaction score
I have the Diamond Eye system with the 3x3.5x4 downpipe and 5" straight. It is loud when you are on it. The sound varies from annoying to so good it is almost like sex. There is a lot of annoying fluttering. The spare and the 5" don't play well, it is under there but touching the pipe. If I had it to do again, I would do the 4" duals, if it is going to be annoying it might as well treat cars on either side equally!

On the downpipe, I originally had a BD Diesel (don't know who actually makes it) downpipe and a cat delete pipe. It fit the best of any downpipe I've seen. Naturally I had to have the 3-3.5-4" one and it fits like $hit and the center joint won't stay tight and leaks. The center part of the pipe, BELOW the pinch weld area hits the heat shield for about a foot. I need to cut and weld it to change the angle to fix that but just going to go to something else....t-4 or T4i mount turbo 366 or QSSB.

kramarj

Reaction score
I have the Diamond Eye system with the 3x3.5x4 downpipe and 5" straight. It is loud when you are on it. The sound varies from annoying to so good it is almost like sex. There is a lot of annoying fluttering. The spare and the 5" don't play well, it is under there but touching the pipe. If I had it to do again, I would do the 4" duals, if it is going to be annoying it might as well treat cars on either side equally!

On the downpipe, I originally had a BD Diesel (don't know who actually makes it) downpipe and a cat delete pipe. It fit the best of any downpipe I've seen. Naturally I had to have the 3-3.5-4" one and it fits like $hit and the center joint won't stay tight and leaks. The center part of the pipe, BELOW the pinch weld area hits the heat shield for about a foot. I need to cut and weld it to change the angle to fix that but just going to go to something else....t-4 or T4i mount turbo 366 or QSSB.

Why don't you just throw a band clamp on the downpipe? That should take care of it.

old man dave

Reaction score
With the 4" Diamond Eye duals, my spare now lives in the bed. Also, just eyeballing it (and a little tape measure work), it appears its not possible to install the 38 gallon Spectra rear tank I was planning on with the duals in place.

Palamides7.3

Reaction score
With the 4" Diamond Eye duals, my spare now lives in the bed. Also, just eyeballing it (and a little tape measure work), it appears its not possible to install the 38 gallon Spectra rear tank I was planning on with the duals in place.

Sounds Awesome...? I'm really leaning on the Duals... But i'm not sure if it will look Goofy with a set of Black 5" tips. Plus being a flatbed it's going to Be awesome getting something under it to fill some empty space.

Palamides7.3

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my rig. Trying to decide on keeping the bed or not.

5V65E15Fe3Kf3m33pcc8j0e4252910e3e17b2.jpg

And some Sh!thead stole my passenger side locker. Seriously...

5Ga5Hf5M73E43K63N3c8j95529837e7691960.jpg

Not a bad truck for being a 95' and only 157k on it. All stock... I mean completely. A/M only ford radio for christ sake.

obsdan

Reaction score
i had duals on mine with 6 inch tips the sound is good i love the echo it has. it was a pita to put on and i ran it for around 6 months wasnt loud enough for me lol i know run 5in strait to a single 6 inch stack sounds great. i would recomend the duals for u thou

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
To everybody inquiring about the diamond eye 5" and the spare tire... I have the 5" kit and a 33" spare tire, and theres no problems w/ fitment or rubbing (but it is a bit close). And I even tow with it.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
I HAD a MBRP 4" Aluminized turbo-tailpipe on my truck. I ripped that GARBAGE off and put on a Flo-Pro 4" Stainless System for LESS money and it FITS

97stoker350

Reaction score
my diamond eye was not worth the money in my opinion, i have a 38 gallon in the rear and it BARELY fits between the diff and the tank. i wont be getting another de again. i do like the sound of it though with the rear window slid open its the tits but a pita it is, still trying to get it lined up correctly. its 5'' by the way

Latest posts

Members online