P0087, P0088, reduced engine power

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Pack it up in pieces and fix it yourself. You should only have to pay for the year down labor. Get the parts needed elsewhere and put it back together. I highly doubt their is that much wrong. I would also take every old part to check out as well. If they question you threaten a lawsuit.

On another note, if these new fuel systems are that sensitive it scares the hell out of me. I live in the temperature swings are crazy and condensation is always possible. If I'm not mistaken, the current cummins are still using the CP3 which are rather durable. Just something to consider as well.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
After talking to a good friend about the situation I feel pretty confident that the rail valve is going to fix my issues and i should not have too many issues in the future hopefully. Warranty is no good no obviously but what do i do? Keep on keepin on LOL

From what i understand most of these valves have rust on the ends of them. Whether is from factory install or water in the fuel is beyond me. The guy i talked to said they can put just the valve in and it will be fine. Ford doesnt usually call for the part since its only 100 bucks to replace it. All this over a ***ing 100 dollar regulator is beyond me.

So i already ordered a valve, ill put it on in there parking lot, and do a fat ***ing burnout on my way out LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
After talking to a good friend about the situation I feel pretty confident that the rail valve is going to fix my issues and i should not have too many issues in the future hopefully. Warranty is no good no obviously but what do i do? Keep on keepin on LOL

From what i understand most of these valves have rust on the ends of them. Whether is from factory install or water in the fuel is beyond me. The guy i talked to said they can put just the valve in and it will be fine. Ford doesnt usually call for the part since its only 100 bucks to replace it. All this over a ***ing 100 dollar regulator is beyond me.

So i already ordered a valve, ill put it on in there parking lot, and do a fat ***ing burnout on my way out LOL
might as well throw the dpf and egr system through their front window before you do the burnout too!

hope the valve is a quick easy fix.

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
if it will do one i will LOL

According to the service writer it will take 2 hours for there tech to put it back together. I dont plan on trailering it out of there so it might be a long night.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if it will do one i will LOL

According to the service writer it will take 2 hours for there tech to put it back together. I dont plan on trailering it out of there so it might be a long night.
leave truck, come back in the morning to get it to do burnout so everyone can see it.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score

LOL

might as well throw the dpf and egr system through their front window before you do the burnout too!

hope the valve is a quick easy fix.

live life full throttle

:hammer:

leave truck, come back in the morning to get it to do burnout so everyone can see it.

live life full throttle

Yes!!! And video it! Let's see that shiny head I saw on Facebook poking out a car window!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I went and looked at the truck today. I think it could be done pretty easy. The valve on the pump doesn't look that easy you have to take the intake off and stuff and drain the coolant

Still fighting with ford

TurboM700

Reaction score
Has anyone stopped a thought how does rust start in a CLOSED fuel system. For rust to start you need water(ok that may or may not be in the fuel) and oxygen. There is no way there is enough oxygen in the fuel system to creat rust. Speical with diesel fuel run thru it.

There pulling a fast one on you(as if you didnt know this)

Ask them how rust gets in a closed fuel system and watch them stubble on this one.

Is science you cant agru science.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I already told them if the water seperator does it's job there shouldn't be water so the only other place is from the factory.

Jomax

Reaction score
Man this sucks, i had a friend that had to fight Ford in court and won. They bought the truck back. He had the main engine harness cut from the factory and it gave him electric issues. With 100 miles the cab went up.. and it was never the same. It had electricial gremlins galore. And they basically said eat it and they make enough money from Commercial sales..... I love Ford, but sometimes it tough to love ford..

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Man this sucks, i had a friend that had to fight Ford in court and won. They bought the truck back. He had the main engine harness cut from the factory and it gave him electric issues. With 100 miles the cab went up.. and it was never the same. It had electricial gremlins galore. And they basically said eat it and they make enough money from Commercial sales..... I love Ford, but sometimes it tough to love ford..

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Thats where i am at and i feel the same way. Im just joe blow not a company who buys 6000 trucks a year

Jomax

Reaction score
I think the lamest thing is to deny warrenty if they find rust in the system... There's always the reliable and Slow 7.3 if you ever decide to get rid of the 6.7. I hope you have the best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Has anyone stopped a thought how does rust start in a CLOSED fuel system. For rust to start you need water(ok that may or may not be in the fuel) and oxygen. There is no way there is enough oxygen in the fuel system to creat rust. Speical with diesel fuel run thru it.

There pulling a fast one on you(as if you didnt know this)

Ask them how rust gets in a closed fuel system and watch them stubble on this one.

Is science you cant agru science.

How long does it take a piece of metal that's been coated in diesel fuel, then exposed to the elements, to rust? You could run a 50/50 diesel/water mix (if the truck would actually run) and rust would be the last of your problems.

sagebel

Reaction score
It would be interesting to sample a dozen new trucks on the lot and see if they have rust. What material is being used inside the pumps/valves?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.