painting the mirrors and door handles?

charlie-2

Reaction score
didnt take the handles out.... you can make around them good. and nothing at all was sanded... you can hardly tell they were textured ill get better pics of the doors. no adhesion permoter just primer... cleanded really well.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Those came out great, I was debating on painting the mirror mount when I matched the other two outer panels. That just sealed the deal for me.

6.4Ltony

Reaction score
those pics are awesome! great job on the paint. I love the snow coming down and some white on the tires.

charlie-2

Reaction score
thanks everyone. im not done yet.. i am going to try and paint the cowl where the wipers are. it should turn out to look alot better than it dos now. it looks outta place. and so do the side badges. they are getting painted and the rear bumper also... within the next few days. i will get a couple close up good pics so you can see what the door handles and mirrors turned out like. and for now im working one this... stripping my rims!
stripped.....
035-3.jpg

polished.....
041-4.jpg

not polished....
036-4.jpg

049-3.jpg

6.4psd916

Reaction score
2011-11-14_15-39-02_618.jpg
2011-11-14_15-37-43_865.jpg

Same color truck, I did the reflector color matched, and the vent in the badges. I like the mirrors, gonna have to do that on mine, yours looks great

charlie-2

Reaction score
hint and tips on how to do the headlights... or directions :popcorn: love them!

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I used a heat gun and kept the temperature low and worked my way around, wet sanded the inside with 400, the chrome is super thin so I removed most of it, use adhesion promoter then base color, then clear, same with the reflector, I believe there are directions in the 6.4 tech or performance library

charlie-2

Reaction score
finishing painting my rear bumper, side vents, cowl and number pad on the door tonight. and eventualy the headlights if i feel like it someday :fustrate: but i will get pics of everything completed by tommarow along with smoked cablights going on that i got a year ago.

its been kinda busy, arranging to pick up a used 6.4l motor to build up and work has me having no time to work on the truck. but hopefully it will be done by tommarow.

Latest posts

Members online