PCM issues

nwpastroker

Reaction score
2002 f350, had the chip come out of the PCM while truck was running, now no start. Chip or no chip, wts and check engine lights stay illuminated. No power to chip controller( display will not illuminate, Hydra), no power to the right side of the fuse box under the hood, from fuse 42 over and up to fuse 24. Just wondering if there is some things I can check out before replacing the PCM. Also, if a replacement is what needs to be done, what is required to switch from the PCM (AEB4) to a DAC3 from a late 99.
Thanks guys

co04cobra

Reaction score
PCM is fried. You've pretty well covered the basics of checking it. WTS staying illuminated is pretty classic sign. And you can't switch from a 02-03 (aeb4) PCM to 99-01. That is becoming a very hard PCM to find. Good luck. Might check with swamps or DP and see if they can fix them.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The AEB4 is becoming hard to find because it's 02-03 manual pcm only. DAC3 works great for 99-01 trucks but will not interchange with your truck.

If you have a chip you could run a, vdh or any dpc-462, 02-03 auto pcm, and have your tuner burn the tunes for the AEB4.

TMan67

Reaction score
Let me know what pcm you're looking for what year automatic or manual have several alone and if I don't have it on my way there's a bunch of them...if it fell out while truck was running 99% time pcm fried 1% chip fried but most of the time PCM you also can have that PCM reflash there's a few places that will reflash them cheaper than buying a new one

Reaction score
Let me know what pcm you're looking for what year automatic or manual have several alone and if I don't have it on my way there's a bunch of them...if it fell out while truck was running 99% time pcm fried 1% chip fried but most of the time PCM you also can have that PCM reflash there's a few places that will reflash them cheaper than buying a new one

Nice first post....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
who da *** are you?

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
I would still save the PCM for parts or crack into it and see if it is repairable.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Still having an issue here. Found a blown pcm fuse, fixed that. Glow plug light coming on, everything seems normal, but no tach movement. I'm going to try changing the cps, but I'm guessing it's something more in depth electrical. Anyone have any wiring diagrams for an 02? Or know what relays run the pcm, idm, etc? Also do any of the mega fuses, or the big fuses on the left side of the under dash panel control pcm, or idm?
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help

farmall99

Reaction score
I don't think the tach moves when cranking on any 02 (or 03 for that matter). Has something to do with the instrument cluster ford changed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Try unplugging the EBP sensor, and try. If it doesn't work, plug it back in and unplug the ICP sensor and try.

If the above doesn't work, have you scanned for codes? I know on 99-01s the pcm relay and idm relay were in the engine compartment. But being you have the WTS light, I doubt the relay is bad.. the WTS light is a main indicator you have power going to the pcm.

BEST bet is scan it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
PM me your email. I have a colored wiring schematic of the pcm wiring as well as the service manual for all electrical for the 2002 on pdf.

I have no idea how to link a pdf and post it here...

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, hoping to get home this weekend and try to do a little more diagnostics on it. It white smokes like crazy when rolling over, so I'm assuming it's getting fuel. Still going to try to pressurize the heads and see if it's holding oil as I changed injectors not too long ago. I'll try to post up this weekend if I find anything.
Thanks again

Jomax

Reaction score
The tach on my 03 doesn't move until it is running. What year is your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe 99-2001s had the tach moving while cranking.

Latest posts

Members online