Piping Finish Opinions..

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Hey fellas.. Some may know already, but my truck is currently down while I finish up some small things that I haven't had time to get to. The main one being my "intake pipes." Due to time limits and availability I had to go with some Mild Steel Intake pipes/flanges. After the events have passed and the truck has made it to the dyno I can finally sit back and enjoy it/tweek it a little. I just sent off my intake pipes to UnlimitedCreations for my flanges to be re made in Stainless Steel. When I receive them back I will have Morgan and Colton come back down for a small truck session and we will be remaking the intakes in stainless along with a new Cold Side pipe from the intercooler.

SO, my question is.. What would you guys think would be the best appearance option for my truck and it's engine bay. Should I polish the stainless piping, powder coat it, or leave it RAW? I am leaning towards powdercoat gloss black and both my compressor covers are mirror polished... Here is a pic of how it sits RAW.

2avutyma.jpg

Jonnydime

Reaction score
This is from when I bought Mike's Turbo.

(Me) Got the turbo today I wasn't expecting a polished comp cover thank you.

(Mike's Response) thats how i roll .. everything polished. hope you like it!

pog

Reaction score
for some reason i dont dig black for piping. i think the piping the need to pop. raw or polished..

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I really liked how beef nachos truck looked with black piping and polished covers, but ... his was a mild steel kit. if you want people to $hit, I would polish it all, but that's just me.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
polish it

Black blends together too much, i had it like that on my black truck and was never really happy with it

Latest posts

Members online