Piping Finish Opinions..

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Awesome! Polished it is guys... I can get started on most of the piping now! Wait... Who knows the best way to polish stainless? I have polished aluminum before but never stainless

WHY NOT

Reaction score
you polish stainless not hide it with powder jmo

This other wise I wouldn't waste your money on SS

Edit should of read your last post first. Good choice.

For polishing look up these guys. I used one of their small kits on my welds and they turned out great. I am sure they have some stuff that will work excellent on stainless as well. They were really helpful on the phone when I called them too. There stuff is mainly heavy duty stuff for big rigs that are show trucks. https://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/default.asp

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome! Polished it is guys... I can get started on most of the piping now! Wait... Who knows the best way to polish stainless? I have polished aluminum before but never stainless

send it to me. you pretty much cannot do it. unless you wanna sand the hell out of it first.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Is there any way to hydrodip Carbon fiber? i think that would look awesome, and go with the truck.

Yes there is but it doesn't even look close to the real thing.. All of my carbon work is hand laid and resined so the hydrodip wouldn't match because it would just look too fake... I am probably going to send my piping to BigR so he can give it his NoLimit touch. Would be nasty to open the hood to nothing but polished work.

madman1234509

Reaction score
All of my stainless is polished and I have had a ton of compliments. And its only been polished with light sanding and buffing, not even professionally done in a tumbler. If you're going through the trouble of doing it all in nice stainless I wouldn't hide it with powdercoating. Plus the black you will drive 5 miles get dust on it and it's more noticeable and doesn't look as good IMO.

Attachments

• 20140508_202926.jpg
    20140508_202926.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
All of my stainless is polished and I have had a ton of compliments. And its only been polished with light sanding and buffing, not even professionally done in a tumbler. If you're going through the trouble of doing it all in nice stainless I wouldn't hide it with powdercoating. Plus the black you will drive 5 miles get dust on it and it's more noticeable and doesn't look as good IMO.
That looks great!

sent from my little slice of heaven (the bathroom)

MorganY

Reaction score

Damn. That is nice.

madman1234509

Reaction score
That's what I mean. If he's going to take the time to do decent stainless I'd send it out to get polished. I'll probably send all of mine out over the winter when I'm not driving the truck

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

Yup. I'm going polished! Thank you!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. Drove like 900 miles to TS through heavy rain and it still looked good after that too, and cleaned up very easily with a damp rag... No worries about scratching paint, especially black.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Polished, Raw, or Brushed would look killer. I like being able to see the welds on stainless piping. Looks cool. Wish I would have left mine raw... :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.