PMF suspension vs. Icon vs Carli

SD6.7

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2.5" leveling kit. In between Icon stage 2, Carli commuter (wish it had more offroad capability) and PMF alpha.

I want to run 35" on 20x10 with -24mm offset.

Carli advises running 0 offset but I like my wheels to stick out just a tad. And it's expensive compared to icon and pmf. Is it worth the extra money?

Icon 2.5" lift says they can fit 34" and 35" with minor trimming. I don't want to cut a bunch. Not sure about ride quality, is it that much a difference? Or should I just buy stage 1 kit?

PMF has a phot of a red truck with alpha 2.5 with 20x10 -24mm offset but I am concerned about traction blocks.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montana6.4

Reaction score
What's the concern for traction blocks? They seem to ride fine just like stock and they help so much with towing and shifting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
The carli is worth every Penney.

The icon stage 1 vs stage 2 will have like ride characteristics, ascetics and high Offroad performance is where you will notice the stage 2 more so.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Most of the leveling kits are going to be springs and F350 blocks and some caster shims. You can fit 35s and maybe even that big offset.

I have -10 or -15 and imho it's just right
Winch5.jpg

SD6.7

Reaction score
What's the concern for traction blocks? They seem to ride fine just like stock and they help so much with towing and shifting.

Never had them before and wasn't sure if it would stiffen up the ride. But it's good to hear it doesn't affect it.

SD6.7

Reaction score
Most of the leveling kits are going to be springs and F350 blocks and some caster shims. You can fit 35s and maybe even that big offset.

I have -10 or -15 and imho it's just right
Winch5.jpg

Which leveling kit are you running?

montana6.4

Reaction score
e4ymema8.jpg
here's mine with the 2.5" icon coils 4.5" traction blocks from pmf. With 35s and 20s not sure on offset but no rubbing issues

SD6.7

Reaction score
e4ymema8.jpg
here's mine with the 2.5" icon coils 4.5" traction blocks from pmf. With 35s and 20s not sure on offset but no rubbing issues

Looks good, I'm glad you sent a pic of long bed because that's what I have too. Gives me an idea of how it will look. Thank you.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I run a 2.5" icon kit with 5" rear traction blocks (ouo) and run 35x13.50's on a 20x10 with -25 offset. I had t trim a little bit of the inner fender liner. and a little plastic off my fender flair on the inside of the wheel well. It was a small enough amount where a dremmel tool took care of it all.

You can't go wrong with any of the kits you listed as I think the PMF it uses Icon coils (I think) which are progressive rate and will improve your ride

TripleE44

Reaction score
My truck is the red one that PMF has pics up of. If there's anything specific you want to know about that setup let me know...

All I had to do was loosen and move the bumper bracket at the front of the front wheel well over a little, and I barely cut a little off of the bottom of the wheel well liner in the back of the front wheel well.

Last edited:

SD6.7

Reaction score
My truck is the red one that PMF has pics up of. If there's anything specific you want to know about that setup let me know...

All I had to do was loosen and move the bumper bracket at the front of the front wheel well over a little, and I barely cut a little off of the bottom of the wheel well liner in the back of the front wheel well.

Awesome! So which shocks did you go with? How is the ride? Also can you post a pic of the trimming you did to fender liner? Which tires did you go with? Thanks!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Awesome! So which shocks did you go with? How is the ride? Also can you post a pic of the trimming you did to fender liner? Which tires did you go with? Thanks!

I went with bilstein 5160s. The ride is really nice when the road gets to having bigger bumps, it does feel a little stiff under normal driving situations. This was how a set of icons I had on my last truck was also. At some point I will end up with a different shock, as these kind of feel like they're getting stiffer for some reason.

This is a pic of the piece I apparently just bent backwards and forgot to cut. This is the drivers side, and the passenger side has even less bent up. Down at the bottom where you can see the inside of the sheet metal is where it is.
6ude2y4y.jpg

It should also be noted that I'm running 3.5 in the front. I'm not sure if it will make a significant difference in clearance though.

SD6.7

Reaction score
I went with bilstein 5160s. The ride is really nice when the road gets to having bigger bumps, it does feel a little stiff under normal driving situations. This was how a set of icons I had on my last truck was also. At some point I will end up with a different shock, as these kind of feel like they're getting stiffer for some reason.

This is a pic of the piece I apparently just bent backwards and forgot to cut. This is the drivers side, and the passenger side has even less bent up. Down at the bottom where you can see the inside of the sheet metal is where it is.
6ude2y4y.jpg

It should also be noted that I'm running 3.5 in the front. I'm not sure if it will make a significant difference in clearance though.

Are you running a spacer to get to 3.5"?

SD6.7

Reaction score
same for me. pmf 3 link, 2.5" icon coils and 1" pmf spacer. the classy one on the left.

sytypehy.jpg

Awesome look! Perfect stance and wheels. Thanks for the help.

What shocks did you with?

c.jank

Reaction score
Awesome look! Perfect stance and wheels. Thanks for the help.

What shocks did you with?

I went with the bilstein 5160 just like Eric and I agree with him. Great ride for about a month and now it's bumpy. I will probably test out fox next. I appreciate it. And yes very minor trimming on mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online