post your hp and dyno info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windrunner408

Reaction score
NICE RUNNING TRUCK, truck looks good with the mods you have done. this is where everyone needs to take notice now, on psn everyone is saying this setup makes 550hp, it does not or at least a few trucks we've setup don't. although the truck runs great its not what guys are saying your going to make.

thank you very much for posting your honest numbers, if everyone does this than other guys can get the right info from these forums, thats the nice part about PSA, theres enough guys over here that knows what works and what doesn't that they will call bull crap.

Now put a small stage of nos on that ol girl and let her buck

Yea I am almost getting blasted by the sponsers of Holderdown Performance on PSN for telling folks that they probably will not break 500Hp with a set of 175s and a powermax and will definitely not make 550Hp with 190s and a powermax. I just feel bad for the folks that are getting mislead into buying the PM and thinking they are going to have that monster. I guess I am just saying I feel your pain and it is basically a pissing contest of theory. I operate on the basis of aiming for conservative, realistic numbers and if I hit high then I get to be surprised and happy vice disappointed.

Great Thread!!!!! Thanks to everyone for their info.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yea I am almost getting blasted by the sponsers of Holderdown Performance on PSN for telling folks that they probably will not break 500Hp with a set of 175s and a powermax and will definitely not make 550Hp with 190s and a powermax. I just feel bad for the folks that are getting mislead into buying the PM and thinking they are going to have that monster. I guess I am just saying I feel your pain and it is basically a pissing contest of theory. I operate on the basis of aiming for conservative, realistic numbers and if I hit high then I get to be surprised and happy vice disappointed.

You better go tell them your bad. You can break 500 rwhp with 175s p max

Reaction score

Yes The blasting is almost instentaneous over on PSA FACK!

MorganY

Reaction score

i doubt it, i bought the 190s thinking I could make my way to 550hp road with the pmax...joke. hell I bet there is even some shaft play after 3,000 miles running them

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i doubt it, i bought the 190s thinking I could make my way to 550hp road with the pmax...joke. hell I bet there is even some shaft play after 3,000 miles running them

you're making around 520-530 according to your track times.....you're not happy with that?

MorganY

Reaction score
you're making around 520-530 according to your track times.....you're not happy with that?

Im happy with the numbers, but 520-530 is with the meth:/ (picked up 50hp on the dyno) I had seen 550 fuel only on the nation with this combo, otherwise, I would've saved a little more and gone with a big single and 205's or 225's. I think it's a damn good combo for street use, not sure as to the reliability yet, as I have shot 1700 or higher egt's through the pmax. I had four 250cc dirt bikes in my bed on my low-smoke tow tune that eric wrote me....saw 1250 maintaining 65 through some hills on HWY 6 coming back home this weekend, turned the meth on which helped a good bit and backed off the pedal.. i bet this turbo hates me

windrunner408

Reaction score

Ok well if it does, it does then. I dont really give 2 ****s and I really only try to share knowledge that is hard and fast and it seemed pretty hard and fast after reading 10 pages on here that folks were lucky to break 500hp with 190s and a pmax.

I will simply reiterate the point (which we all agree on) of dont come tell me that you (anyone) are at some hp number without track data as well unless you really dont care what hp you are at but then again if you didnt care what hp you were at, you wouldnt come tell me what your hp was. (I am speaking in generalities)

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well...i don't want to talk in circles about his topic but I know of at least a few trucks with 190's and a pmax that are north of 500 rather than under. I think it is a legit 500-530 set up. RescueF250 did 550 on the dyno, cutting edge diesel was 490 on the dyno and 550 or a little more with his track times, and I was 534 on the dyno and 53x with my track times. I definitely agree that you can't make a blanket statement that it will give you 550hp but there are trucks out there that are doing with the track times to prove it. Every truck is different and I think alot of it depends on the tuning. Make a few fuel only passes and see where your at. I'm curious to see how it turns out. FWIW...im not too hung up on hp numbers, I just want a good running, fun street truck!

Last edited:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Harley made 544/977 on dunbars with 190 75's and elite ssx. a powermax should give comparable results. that was also without the blue spring, banjos, or any fuel system. also that was on 33's. I like to think with a fuel system and 100% nozzles in the same environment it would make more.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
well...i don't want to talk in circles about his topic but I know of at least a few trucks with 190's and a pmax that are north of 500 rather than under. I think it is a legit 500-530 set up. RescueF250 did 550 on the dyno, cutting edge diesel was 490 on the dyno and 550 or a little more with his track times, and I was 534 on the dyno and 53x with my track times. I definitely agree that you can't make a blanket statement that it will give you 550hp but there are trucks out there that are doing with the track times to prove it. Every truck is different and I think alot of it depends on the tuning. Make a few fuel only passes and see where your at. I'm curious to see how it turns out. FWIW...im not too hung up on hp numbers, I just want a good running, fun street truck!

exactly

windrunner408

Reaction score

Hey man thanks for the info and I would agree that 190s will get a truck north of 500. I wont talk circles either and definitely agree that it no doubt comes down to tuning, but just have one question. Is it reasonable to expect a setup that has the proper fueling with 175s and a PM to make north of 500Hp?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I think with 175/100's and a powermax with proper tuning you can squeeze around 500 out of it. But I cant really say

MorganY

Reaction score

I think I have an older strategy VXCF4H2, Im not sure if that makes any difference, but I believe the gap is in tuning as well (hopefully). or maybe my damn truck needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, oh well. IMO 1700 is my EGT limit for a burst lol, Im paranoid of a meltdown. hello non vgt turbos or maybe ill ask shawn for a good compound setup for 190s, I want Low EGT's. I may start purchasing parts for compounds, buying the high pressure now, and then a low pressure in a couple of months. piping soon to follow..

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Just for everyones info, 05-07 trucks are A LOT harder to pull full hp out of. You will have to work with your tuner a lot more than a guy with a 03-04. The 05-07 pcm's don't all accept the changes in the tunes the same. They are a lot more delicate lol. So if you have a 05+ please don't be discouraged if your truck don't seem like it pulls right. Talk to your tuner, tell him what's going on and they can modify from there

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Just for everyones info, 05-07 trucks are A LOT harder to pull full hp out of. You will have to work with your tuner a lot more than a guy with a 03-04. The 05-07 pcm's don't all accept the changes in the tunes the same. They are a lot more delicate lol. So if you have a 05+ please don't be discouraged if your truck don't seem like it pulls right. Talk to your tuner, tell him what's going on and they can modify from there

i didn't know that...good info.

kevin

Reaction score
hmm my truck has a 05 motor with a 03 pcm it seems to run really well for having 175s.. i guess when i give eric my Strategy he tunes it like a 03?

nvme_63

Reaction score

Why do you say this? not arguing, just asking. :lookaround:

windrunner408

Reaction score

Is it the PCM itself or is it the strategy?? I ask because, IMO an easy fix would be to just get a roll back to an earlier strategy from PHP and then design your tunes around that strategy.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Why do you say this? not arguing, just asking. :lookaround:

Because this is what we found in many converstaions with Eric-nnovative diesel. Craig from MPD at one point was goin to put an 04 pcm in. You can't just put an older pcm in. There are wiring changes that need to be done. There's nothing wrong with the 05+ just that it might take a few more trys to get the tune perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.