POWER-STRUCK Tunes

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a tiny bit of updated info to share. I will try to keep it short and to the point (which I'm not very good at).

1st off as Justin has confirmed along with myself; If you have your own burner, Justin will email tunes to you.

If I didn't see this thread I would not be here today to share some of my thoughts....Thanks Petro for starting this thread!

I ended up pm'ing Justin the other day, Think it was Wed. Justin responded very quickly to my PM as others mentioned he would. I ended up calling an talking to Justin about some tunes and some things that bother me from other tunes I have from other places, etc.
We talked for a little bit and Justin said he would send me a test tune to try it and what I thought about it before we proceeded to do a set of tunes. How can anyone turn that down.

Justin had the test tune sent to me in a very short time. He sent me what I needed to get the tune burned, gave me instructions, etc. I tried the tune and decided right away that I wanted to do a full set of tunes. We sent messages back and forth a little and decided what tunes to go with.
Let me just say that I swear Justin lives on this forum. I have talked to Justin at all hours of the day from Wed through today, even on the 4th.

As far as I am concerned, his customer service is second to none. I do not know if he is always like this, but from what others have said; he is almost always online or gets back to you extremely quick IMO.

So now that we got that out of the way and we all know that he has great customer service; I will give you a few details of tunes.

I have 250/100 injectors on PMR's. I know someone was asking if his tuning is different for pmr's. Yes he has them tuned back to be safe for your pmrs and he can adjust them to your liking. I'll give you an example here shortly.

I have not had time to really get a good feel for ea tune but I can say a few good words for now.
As other have mentioned, his tunes have minimal smoke, very smooth power curve, and shifting is excellent. EGT's seem to be minimal as well. I will try to give more detailed results tomorrow or as I can with time.

I do not have minotaur or any software to compare how his tunes are written compared to others. I do not know Justin's background or anything because I never bothered to ask. However I would put his tunes up against all the other big names out there. Justin's tunes are top shelf in my book along with his customer service; just as the other big names out there.
I told Justin with the limited time I had to test his tunes that I thought the daily75 tune seemed more mellow than what I am used to on a daily tune, but I had to do more testing/comparing. It could partly be my imagination along with he is tuning for pmrs, but he let me know that he can always make adjustments to get the tunes how I would like them.

Sorry I drug it out....told you I was not good at the short and sweet replies. Anyway....

I am very glad that I decided to try Justin's tunes. His tunes are great, customer service, and price. I do not think there is anyone out there that can compete with his pricing.

I will report back after I can get more solid info for comparing to my other tunes. If there is anyone that is on the fence, do not hesitate to call or pm Justin and try his tunes. You will be extremely happy with your experience.

thats ***in awesome! every bit if it..

live life full throttle

INFRNL

Reaction score
I am ready to try Justin's tuning. I have a question for you. Do you Know what your ICP and pulse width at idol is running at with the new tuning you just received? Thanks!

No but a bit later I can hook up ae and take a look. I will report back what I find.

thats ***in awesome! every bit if it..

live life full throttle

Thanks, just trying to put my honest thoughts out there for guys interested in Justins tunes.
I have a off topic question for you though.
How are your bdp/nldp tunes? Mine are really good except for 1 issue that drives me nuts. Im still working with them to get it right though. Thats another topic that really doesn't belong here.

Petro

Reaction score
I have a tiny bit of updated info to share. I will try to keep it short and to the point (which I'm not very good at).

1st off as Justin has confirmed along with myself; If you have your own burner, Justin will email tunes to you.

If I didn't see this thread I would not be here today to share some of my thoughts....Thanks Petro for starting this thread!

I ended up pm'ing Justin the other day, Think it was Wed. Justin responded very quickly to my PM as others mentioned he would. I ended up calling an talking to Justin about some tunes and some things that bother me from other tunes I have from other places, etc.
We talked for a little bit and Justin said he would send me a test tune to try it and what I thought about it before we proceeded to do a set of tunes. How can anyone turn that down.

Justin had the test tune sent to me in a very short time. He sent me what I needed to get the tune burned, gave me instructions, etc. I tried the tune and decided right away that I wanted to do a full set of tunes. We sent messages back and forth a little and decided what tunes to go with.
Let me just say that I swear Justin lives on this forum. I have talked to Justin at all hours of the day from Wed through today, even on the 4th.

As far as I am concerned, his customer service is second to none. I do not know if he is always like this, but from what others have said; he is almost always online or gets back to you extremely quick IMO.

So now that we got that out of the way and we all know that he has great customer service; I will give you a few details of tunes.

I have 250/100 injectors on PMR's. I know someone was asking if his tuning is different for pmr's. Yes he has them tuned back to be safe for your pmrs and he can adjust them to your liking. I'll give you an example here shortly.

I have not had time to really get a good feel for ea tune but I can say a few good words for now.
As other have mentioned, his tunes have minimal smoke, very smooth power curve, and shifting is excellent. EGT's seem to be minimal as well. I will try to give more detailed results tomorrow or as I can with time.

I do not have minotaur or any software to compare how his tunes are written compared to others. I do not know Justin's background or anything because I never bothered to ask. However I would put his tunes up against all the other big names out there. Justin's tunes are top shelf in my book along with his customer service; just as the other big names out there.
I told Justin with the limited time I had to test his tunes that I thought the daily75 tune seemed more mellow than what I am used to on a daily tune, but I had to do more testing/comparing. It could partly be my imagination along with he is tuning for pmrs, but he let me know that he can always make adjustments to get the tunes how I would like them.

Sorry I drug it out....told you I was not good at the short and sweet replies. Anyway....

I am very glad that I decided to try Justin's tunes. His tunes are great, customer service, and price. I do not think there is anyone out there that can compete with his pricing.

I will report back after I can get more solid info for comparing to my other tunes. If there is anyone that is on the fence, do not hesitate to call or pm Justin and try his tunes. You will be extremely happy with your experience.

Great Write up man. Im glad your as happy with his tuning as I am. Ive been running his tunes for close to 6000 miles now and Continue to be be impressed with how well my truck runs. The thing that really gets me about his tuning is how cool my EGTs are. My truck runs so cool, I almosty never take it out of the hot tune. Short bursts of 1400 degrees on long hills pulling 13000 pounds with the cruise set at 65 mph in the hot tune, while never losing speed and having power to spare. My truck with a stock turbo runs much cooler and has just as much power ( if not more ) than my Buddies GearHead Tuned 02 7.3 with a 38r. I couldnt be happier.

INFRNL

Reaction score
Ok, im not going to lie, I have no idea what im doing but hopefully these pics are what you were after. Im not sure where all the numbers should be. The one with lower pulse width is at idle in park, the other is idle in drive. As you can see the truck is not fully warmed up. It had only idled for about 10-15 mins
Hopefully they come out big enough to see, otherwise I will have to repost the pics from the laptop
apparently you can not read what is what. I'll give you the breakdown for now.

Left:T,M,B: RPM, ICP duty cycle, Manifold guage pressure
Middle:T,M,B: ICP, Manifold absolute, Volume Fuel Desired
Right:T,M,B: ICP volts, Engine oil Temp, Fuel injector Pulsewidth

yu9q.jpg
pql5.jpg

Last edited:

Turbo Man

Reaction score
I can read the numbers but I can't read the pics labels. What locations are the pulse width and ICP? Top right top center?

INFRNL

Reaction score
You must have posted right when I edited. My last post above the pics has the info for ea one.
Actual icp is top middle and pulse width is right bottom if I selected the right one. The top right is ICP voltage.

I just went for another fairly quick test run to check smoke and egts. I still need to spend some time on ea tune and figure out a way to do better comparisons to my other tunes. Does anyone know of good ways to compare tunes. I'm mainly going on what I see and feel.

I need to do fresh tests on my previous tunes from others for comparison. Here is a list of what tunes I have from Justin. Keep in mind that I have 250/100 injectors and he has them toned down because of my pmrs. I can always have him adjust accordingly to what I think.

Results are from a dead stop-WOT to 100mph. Boost seemed a bit low. For daily, race and caution tunes I saw anywhere from 30-35psi; my other tunes typically hit 35-39 pretty easily (more testing needed) Clean tune maxes at 25psi.

1. Clean- mainly lower power than a modified stock designed for heavy tow and/ just to run clean and efficient. Max egts, 1100

2. Tow50- Not tested yet

3. Daily75- Max egts 1300

The remaining 3 had a max around 1600-1650
4. Race100
5. Racexxx
6. CAUTION

Even though some of my results are different from my other tunes, overall power felt comparable. This is one reason why I need to figure out a better method of testing for comparisons.

Shifting is really smooth and quick. Smoke is less than all of the other tunes I have ran. Smoke is not as dark as other tunes and disappears much quicker. Its almost like a puff of smoke mist rather than a cloud of smoke and it clears up quick. For my setup, I am amazed at how little the smoke level is. I think egts are similar to other tunes but I think they are really good. Later today or tomorrow, I will check egts on some other tunes for comparison.

I can see why Petro continues to be amazed. I just wish I did not have pmr's so Justing can tune more aggressively and I could get the full benefits from my tuning and injectors.

Last edited:

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, just what I was looking for. Definatly different numbers than my truck. I don't know much about tuning. I'm not sure if the difference in readings are because the difference in our injectors, or just the tuning. Definatly a difference though. Soon as I get another chip il be getting Power-Struck!

INFRNL

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, just what I was looking for. Definatly different numbers than my truck. I don't know much about tuning. I'm not sure if the difference in readings are because the difference in our injectors, or just the tuning. Definatly a difference though. Soon as I get another chip il be getting Power-Struck!

Yeah, I'd like to learn more too. I just know they feel great, all of my different tunes do and all need some fine tuning. At least with my truck and injectors. I also need to compare the above numbers against my other tunes. Mine might be that way to keep startup and idle smoke to a minimum cause I have an issue in that reguard with my other tunes to a degree.

If you have single shots, I feel that it is typical that it may take a few times to get it just right. IMO this is to be expected when you cannot have your chip tuned right at their shop because every truck reacts differently even with identical setups.

Overall, Just pretty much got it right the first time. I found a slight minor issue today that we need to address. I want to get more time on ea tune so I can let him know and get it taken care of all at the same time, but as of the moment; they are great and need minimal tweaking.

sniper_101

Reaction score
How are your bdp/nldp tunes? Mine are really good except for 1 issue that drives me nuts. Im still working with them to get it right though. Thats another topic that really doesn't belong here.

Hah, yeah I was having a similar issue with the same company as well. I gave up on that every getting resolved . . .

I'll be contacting Power-Struck in a few weeks to run some of his tunes. Sounds like quality stuff from what I read in here!

INFRNL

Reaction score
Hah, yeah I was having a similar issue with the same company as well. I gave up on that every getting resolved . . .

I'll be contacting Power-Struck in a few weeks to run some of his tunes. Sounds like quality stuff from what I read in here!

You will be extremely happy with Justin's tunes.

rockhardhoosier

Reaction score
Power-Struck

Justin did the current truck on this forum, everything he done is listed, very impressed with the 8 position power-struck tunes he installed along with all the other mechanical work he done to it. If you just call and talk to him you can tell he knows what he's doing, and takes pride in his work . I haven't known him long but took my second truck 2005 king ranch dually ,to him this week to have studded along with some other up grades.

Petro

Reaction score
Just ordered my second Chip from Justin for my Current 6 speed truck. I am very anxious to try his tuning with a manual trans. Ill post back with my findings.

Petro

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. Just installed another one of Justin's chips on my current Early 99 and yet again I'm very impressed. Woke the old girl right up, very strong running truck for only having AB injectors.

DocBar

Reaction score
I've tried two different links to his website and it's just a blank page. Any suggestions?

As far as tuning goes, does Justin keep a stock throttle feel and keep the cruise control usable? I like a clean, crisp shift not the mushy stock shift. Does he limit torque? I want to keep mine around 1200lb/ft.

MossBack

Reaction score
http://www.power-struck.com

yes his tuning in all setting idles like stock, drives like stock until you hammer down then it is balls to the wall... I am about to approach the 1 year mark running his tunes and I have gone from stock to 180/100 and now 250/200's and S468...

DocBar- Honestly PM him here and when he gets caught up he will get you some tunes. Especially where you have some custom items that may need to be addressed.

Last edited:

dadada

Reaction score
Justin did the current truck on this forum, everything he done is listed, very impressed with the 8 position power-struck tunes he installed along with all the other mechanical work he done to it. If you just call and talk to him you can tell he knows what he's doing, and takes pride in his work . I haven't known him long but took my second truck 2005 king ranch dually ,to him this week to have studded along with some other up grades.

How do you like the 180/100's. I'm a couple weeks from having them in my truck. Dropped cores off a few days ago.

Latest posts

Members online