Pro Comp bars work...for awhile.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to. Demand a new set, sell them on ebay to a someone who doesn't run the race tunes. Get yourself a set of OUO, and run any tune as hard as you want and be done with it. imho is all.

Best advice in the thread....

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to. Demand a new set, sell them on ebay to a someone who doesn't run the race tunes. Get yourself a set of OUO, and run any tune as hard as you want and be done with it. imho is all.

Just looked and them and cant afford those at the momemt lol and if i pay that much i wanna know for a fact they will hold up in off road conditions. thats the reason i bought the pro comps so they could take the off road abuse which they have. but they couldnt hold the axle wrap.

i might just have to roll with the set they give me and save up for the OUO's

SAK

Reaction score
Just looked and them and cant afford those at the momemt lol and if i pay that much i wanna know for a fact they will hold up in off road conditions. thats the reason i bought the pro comps so they could take the off road abuse which they have. but they couldnt hold the axle wrap.

i might just have to roll with the set they give me and save up for the OUO's

2011-04-29_12-48-24_554-1.jpg

Anymore questions?

Shipmate

Reaction score
I love my PMF traction block/bars. So Powerstroke586 take a look at Trevor's site and look at his Traction bars, they are a little less expensive as the OUO bars but work great.

Last edited by a moderator:

eric.davis

Reaction score
Well I might as well Muck this thread up just like all the OUO fan boys do to all the PMF threads. I love my PMF traction block/bars. So Powerstroke586 take a look at Trevor's site and look at his Traction bars, they are a little less expensive as the OUO bars but work great.

Sorry Tom I had to.

Reason people suggest OUO is because their product is second to none. Trevor makes quality stuff. I've bought his HD drag link when I had my lift and still run it now that I'm lower than stock. There are plenty of people running his bars and is another option to cure axle wrap.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.882083,-76.237238

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I'm sure there are other passable offerings being made. I wanted the best and had the money. OUO, end of sentence. Good luck with whom ever you decide to go with.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Reason people suggest OUO is because their product is second to none. Trevor makes quality stuff. I've bought his HD drag link when I had my lift and still run it now that I'm lower than stock. There are plenty of people running his bars and is another option to cure axle wrap.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.882083,-76.237238

Very Good! Thanks for the input on that Eric.
:eek:fftopicNow what would your FP officer say about your Link above your sig?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Is the main tube bent or just the second bar running under the main tube. The procomp bars on my 2wd 7.3L have that exact same bend on the driver side, from some one being careless putting it on a rack. They still work fine. As long as your main tube isnt bent i would just run em till you can afford a nicer bar.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am thinking what was just said. Put a straight edge on the main tube. Those bars are low enough that it would not take much to hit them. The lower brace is very small tube and not strong at all. Being that you are using your truck offroad. If there is clearance. Put them in upside down. They will be just as strong and effective. But it will put the main stronger bar on the bottom.

Looking at the pictures again. That is not were I would expect them to bend under power. That is exactly where I would expect them to bend if hit on something. mud, ground, driving out of a hole, ect

Last edited:

Sprman

Reaction score
OUO and PMF are both great products from what I've seen. Pro comps while functional, are cheap for a reason. Good luck with getting the replaced, repaired or whatever you decide.

I got more than 5" of flex and i don't have either one of y'all set ups. :thumbsup:

DSC01920.jpg

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Looks like the required breakover on a hill you crested was a bit higher than the truss bar on your pro-comp bars and you shoved them into the ground and bent them.

Under power that part of the bar would likely be in tension, not compression, meaning the force would be doing exactly the opposite of what it would take to bend it like that.

You probably high-centered the truck over the bars and bent them. Whether or not you noticed when it happened doesn't really matter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Looks like the required breakover on a hill you crested was a bit higher than the truss bar on your pro-comp bars and you shoved them into the ground and bent them.

Under power that part of the bar would likely be in tension, not compression, meaning the force would be doing exactly the opposite of what it would take to bend it like that.

You probably high-centered the truck over the bars and bent them. Whether or not you noticed when it happened doesn't really matter.

Not to mention that rod of that diameter isnt sufficient structurally and the torque produced by a diesel would pull that sh!t like taffy. Id say the upper bar/top chord is the one that is actually doing the work in this case.

Looks like it drug its balls over a log!!

powr2stroke

Reaction score

what if he hammered it in reverse ? would it be possible they would or could bend that way(upward) ?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It might, but doesn't the suspension unload more backing up? If so it would light them up easier and put less stress on the bars. I think.

Latest posts

Members online