Progress thread

sootie

Reaction score
in actual fact-probably the best hooking tire i've run on the street is a proxes s/t on 18s.

420s didnt do it for me and holy hell, a/t's r worse than m/ts

sootie

Reaction score
A toyo mt is like a ***kin drag radial compared to an at.

werd. blew my frikin mind. aside from the enjoyable quiet journeys i think i'm gonna go back to good ol' toyo m/t

lighting up all four on a boosted launch on the street isnt cool if u need to win...

swinky

Reaction score
werd. blew my frikin mind. aside from the enjoyable quiet journeys i think i'm gonna go back to good ol' toyo m/t

lighting up all four on a boosted launch on the street isnt cool if u need to win...
So seriously about the vinyl. What if I sent you my fuel door to use to match?

sootie

Reaction score
So seriously about the vinyl. What if I sent you my fuel door to use to match?

i"ll call him later...biggest issue i have seen with vinyl is that it can be the correct color match and have a glossy finish but lacks the "depth" that paint has from being applied in stages. there will be a difference to the eye fo sho

slc dzl

Reaction score
So what's it cost to make a shorty?

The wheels are turning.

If you are referring to converting a single cab long bed to shortbed the cost all varies.
Besides all the performance parts i have less than 5k in mine including the cost of buying the truck.

swinky

Reaction score
If you are referring to converting a single cab long bed to shortbed the cost all varies.
Besides all the performance parts i have less than 5k in mine including the cost of buying the truck.
I'm getting to the point of needing a dd. So I've been considering buying a rclb and putting all the go fast parts into a shorty and having my current land yacht with a stock motor/trans as a tow rig.

slc dzl

Reaction score
I'm getting to the point of needing a dd. So I've been considering buying a rclb and putting all the go fast parts into a shorty and having my current land yacht with a stock motor/trans as a tow rig.

That's a great option.
The cost of single cab 6.0s has come way down for the 2wd xl models so picking one up cheap shouldn't be a problem.

swinky

Reaction score
That's a great option.
The cost of single cab 6.0s has come way down for the 2wd xl models so picking one up cheap shouldn't be a problem.
I think so too. We'll see what happens. I'm going to keep playing with mine but I think this should be a decent option.

slc dzl

Reaction score
I will say the hardest part of the whole process was finding a bed.
The one i settled on had driver side damage and was still $700 bucks.

swinky

Reaction score
Put some 5/8 grade 8 u bolts in her yesterday and I'm liking the cal tracs now.

Truck is an absolute blast. Didn't turn it off for 14 hrs straight on the drive to Fl and she just chugged along. Motor is getting tired though, the blow by is getting pretty noticeable but oil is also getting hot so I think once I can keep the oil cool I'll be better off.

Track Friday night. 11.70s is the goal!

Latest posts

Members online