Project: WUT D P F

mandkole

Reaction score
Acts like coalescer but without a filter to separate the oil a little more.. interesting. I’ve been wanting to get the vent back into the intake.

dlewis

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on this one. Always enjoy and good build thread and agree on Facebook.

Subscribed

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Typical of every truck I own, modify one thing and you have to mess with something else. Every lowered truck I've had required exhaust work to make sure I didn't listen to the axle banging the pipe, or pipe scraping speed bumps, etc. This one is no different. I've loved the fit and finish of MagnaFlow exhaust forever, so I ordered their latest 7.3L S.S. kit for this truck. This kit didn't come with a muffler, so I ordered the longest S.S. diesel muffler MagnaFlow makes, and for good measure, I added a FloPro Twister resonator to make sure I don't have cab drone. To keep things "tucked" nicely, I didn't use the pipe they supply that has an offset to lower the muffler, I just ran straight back. Of course, that put the tailpipe inlet at the wrong location, so I had to cut and shorten the inlet end of the tailpipe. While I was at it, I added some pipe at the top of the tailpipe to give more room in front and behind the axle. Finally, I cut the offset pipe to make a custom turndown that tucks almost entirely above the body line. I still need to double check the tailpipe, when I was doing that part I already had 6+ hours on the system and forgot to hang the spare tire first...so I may need to modify it some more for clearance.

img_2271.jpg

Cut 1 shortened the inlet of the pipe. Cuts 2 & 3 reflect the section added to spread the pipe away from the axle.

img_2304.jpg

Welded up and ready to go in. Can't take credit for the welding, that's a talent I have not yet learned.

img_2305x.jpg

Cut line on the offset pipe to make the custom turndown tip.

img_2306.jpg

Custom turndown tip welded to the tailpipe.

img_2307.jpg

FloPro Twister right after the trans crossmember.

img_2308.jpg

Big MagnaFlow Muffler

img_2309.jpg

Tailpipe fit over the axle and custom rear hanger.

img_2310.jpg

Tailpipe with Turndown almost entirely hidden.

Really hoping the spare fits, should have time to mess with that later today.

Outlaw Bill

Reaction score
Looks really good. The Magnaflow dual 4 inch was a nightmare to adjust on my crew cab dually but it fits decent now.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Had to pull the tailpipe and refit, didnt fit with the spare. Perils of modifying stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
That over the axle pipe looks familiar. I did that on my 6.0 truck (that I no longer have).
I like how you lined up the seams on that pipe. That is yet another proof of your attention to detail that I appreciate.
The turn down is awesome also.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Lining up the seams was the easy way to make sure that the 2 pieces I separated got lined back up the way they were before I cut them. I wanted the pipe to have the same angles, and just have more travel over the axle. Working on getting the tip back in the same location, sucks I had to cut up the tailpipe for the spare.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Finally got the exhaust finished, wheels and tires mounted and after sitting for months...a really good inside and out cleaning! It's nice to be driving my truck again, and not the shop van. Still lots more on the "to do" list.

img_2324.jpg

img_2326.jpg

img_2330.jpg

Little comparison of progress from where the truck started to today.

Zeb

Reaction score
Finally got the exhaust finished, wheels and tires mounted and after sitting for months...a really good inside and out cleaning! It's nice to be driving my truck again, and not the shop van. Still lots more on the "to do" list.

img_2324.jpg

img_2326.jpg

img_2330.jpg

Little comparison of progress from where the truck started to today.

Man that looks good!!

What valance is that?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
First of all, I do NOT take credit for that find! I stole that idea from an old forum member (not sure if he was here or not) by the name of WHATABUDRO. Credit where it's due. Also, the fit isn't perfect, I still need to mess with it some.

That's a Job 2 front air dam from a 2008 6.4L.

Zeb

Reaction score
First of all, I do NOT take credit for that find! I stole that idea from an old forum member (not sure if he was here or not) by the name of WHATABUDRO. Credit where it's due. Also, the fit isn't perfect, I still need to mess with it some.

That's a Job 2 front air dam from a 2008 6.4L.

Gotcha. I thought that’s what it looked like.

Do they have the same contour as the 07 and older bumper, or does it take some massaging to make them fit?