PTM headlight color scheme... help with choice...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
To the op I think this is the way to go on your truck except have a tan reflector. If you did want projectors I would also do the shrouds in tan but leave the chrome bowls. But IMO you gotta lose the black wheels, on a two tone truck with chrome still on it, it gets way too busy.

Well I sorta agree about the black wheels. All my pictures are wrong lighting and taken from a cell phone. In regular sunlight they look good to me. That was the first time I put tire treatment on my tires and also the last time. It made alot of attention go to the wheels and I didn't care for that.

I'm not a photographer! Lol...

My issue is finding a set of wheels (polished aluminum or Chrome) that I like that isn't following suit with the punk wannabe cowboy trend. Lol.

I despise the fact that the old weld wheels are no longer manufactured... the set texasglassman had on his truck were perfect but those wheels are no longer produced and that's what kept me from purchasing his when they were for sale.

Enjoying all the PTM debates on what looks good and what doesn't. I do see alot of mismatched rigs. I personally think Unbroken rig looks good. The side shot of Richards truck does more justice IMO.

smcox1

Reaction score
You would be the only one thinking that. It all matches quite well....you're just talking **** because I criticized the other guys truck. That's fine...I'm confident in my ability to pull a truck together. The 7 magazine features/covers and 20+ Best of Show or 1st place awards hanging on the wall prove that.

If someone can't handle a little criticism they shouldn't post their stuff online. I can handle it...so fire your best shot.

Gets his panties in a wad but "can handle it" LOL Just because it's in a magazine doesn't mean I like it. And no I'm not just talking **** because you critiqued that other truck I don't even know that guy but IMO I prefer his truck over yours nothing to get excited over. It's always intriguing to me when people post "if he can't handle criticism don't post" yet their getting mad because someone criticized their truck:doh:

FordPSD64

Reaction score
You would be the only one thinking that. It all matches quite well....you're just talking **** because I criticized the other guys truck. That's fine...I'm confident in my ability to pull a truck together. The 7 magazine features/covers and 20+ Best of Show or 1st place awards hanging on the wall prove that.

If someone can't handle a little criticism they shouldn't post their stuff online. I can handle it...so fire your best shot.

I don't see where I got upset, but continue on!

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
4D08AB02-8837-4F1D-8A11-B1FBE54BB74F_zps81y2wbzb.jpg

(Provided my truck doesn't look remotely close to this now lol)
I like me n Nebs setup. But white is a whole new beast. Probably would've done something similar to TyCorr with the black projector shrouds.

smcox1

Reaction score
Get that pile out of this thread Mikey LOL That's the exact opposite color we're talking about!

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont have an 11+ superduty. I just posted pictures. Ive seen maybe three 6.7 trucks, in person with painted lights. The red/tan kr i saw in a parking lot. An ironworker i know has a green lariat with black (solid) painted projectors and black 22" fuel octanes. Its ok for a truck that drivesxaround on muddy sites. The other is my buddies silver lariat that he bought black lights for and hated.

So we took them apart and had the body guy hit them with magnetic grey ford paint. It has maroon markers and his shock boots are too. The grey lights and white or silver looks cool af with a projector (or led) in it. The magnetic paint is metallic enough it really pulls the metallic out in the ingot silver.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya OP, I just was saying if I had a white truck I would've gone with your setup instead of the ones I have now. As EVERYONE has mentioned, black is easy to make look good. I had the same problem with my '12 because it was Ingot Silver and imo I couldn't find any headlights that really looked good. Imo Silver is harder than white, because it's to damn plain :p

Ignore the guys who don't like it, at the end of the day, you're the one who has to live with it ;)

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well I sorta agree about the black wheels. All my pictures are wrong lighting and taken from a cell phone. In regular sunlight they look good to me. That was the first time I put tire treatment on my tires and also the last time. It made alot of attention go to the wheels and I didn't care for that.

I'm not a photographer! Lol...

My issue is finding a set of wheels (polished aluminum or Chrome) that I like that isn't following suit with the punk wannabe cowboy trend. Lol.

I despise the fact that the old weld wheels are no longer manufactured... the set texasglassman had on his truck were perfect but those wheels are no longer produced and that's what kept me from purchasing his when they were for sale.

Enjoying all the PTM debates on what looks good and what doesn't. I do see alot of mismatched rigs. I personally think Unbroken rig looks good. The side shot of Richards truck does more justice IMO.

Why don't you want them just because they aren't produced anymore. 6.0 Stroker has a super nice set of 20x10 Weld dunes for sale in the classifieds.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I agree. From a aesthetic standpoint, that is nice

I understand skme may despise it but it looks clean to me.

O&G

Reaction score
I agree. From a aesthetic standpoint, that is nice

I understand skme may despise it but it looks clean to me.

I received the quote from them. It's a pretty penny, but everything is included. Trying to justify it, lol! I think it would really pull the front end of mine together.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Why don't you want them just because they aren't produced anymore. 6.0 Stroker has a super nice set of 20x10 Weld dunes for sale in the classifieds.

I dunno... something comforting about production wheels...

I'll go downstairs and take a look tho... it has my interest again!

TexAg56

Reaction score
On the head lights that Tycorr posted where are the blinkers? Switchback halos?? I think those look so dope man. Wondering how those would look on my White KR

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.