Punch it performance Feedback and Opinions!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Are the onroad tuners supposed to be able to load tunes? I thought they were locked from loading custom tuning. I may be wrong, just the impression I'm under.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well I'll ask, who the hell is Punch It Performance?

Someone who has been doing a lot of tuning for quite some time. He's pretty educated in this, more than most who claim to tune. I don't know him personally but I have a lot of colleagues who know/exchange business with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I have punch it tunes, I run the 96hp tune daily. The tune smokes badly when taking off from a stop with light throttle. I hate that!!!!! I would love to have something else on my tuner but I cannot. Punch it says his tuners are compatible with custom tunes....they are not. I have been turned down by Innovative and Gearhead for being able to load their tunes on Punch it device. I have heard that Punch it tunes are possibly Innovatives .

I have a 200+hp tune that is 100% smoke free at all load/throttle input.

only on H&S platform though :(

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I have PIP tunes........................... Had rail surge at 1900 - 2100 and shifting problems no power bad really bad MPG LOL Mike @ PIP didn't want to fix the the rail surge and shifting problems and gave me the run around after awhile he finally fixed the tuning...... Truck has a old DPF-R on it now.. Its great tuner for the price.. but.... that being said i'm no way shape or form dissing PIP or anybody that deals with him.. All trucks reacts different to different things... and I might give his tunes another go after I get the a single on the truck but for now the DPF-R is staying on the truck that being said I rode in my buddies 6.7 with his tuning and its spot on. IDK what went wrong in the 6.4 department LOL.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
ugysa7ad.jpg

This is after around 4,000 miles on there tunes.

If you don't mind me asking do you know what tune the truck was on?

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking do you know what tune the truck was on?

This customer had a SCT 3015 with a Tow,Street and Race file. He had used all 3 trying to get his idle and shifting to his liking. It spent most of it's time on the Street file. When he brought the truck to us for head gaskets, up pipes and a trans build we set him up with some much better tuning. He had no idea who's tunes he was running but I figured it out from his invoice from where he purchased the tuner and the paper work he was sent with it. I've been told by more then one source that he tried to copy another well know tuners files but couldn't unlock everything. Again, this is just hear say but the the pic I posted speaks for itself.

Stroked777

Reaction score
This customer had a SCT 3015 with a Tow,Street and Race file. He had used all 3 trying to get his idle and shifting to his liking. It spent most of it's time on the Street file. When he brought the truck to us for head gaskets, up pipes and a trans build we set him up with some much better tuning. He had no idea who's tunes he was running but I figured it out from his invoice from where he purchased the tuner and the paper work he was sent with it. I've been told by more then one source that he tried to copy another well know tuners files but couldn't unlock everything. Again, this is just hear say but the the pic I posted speaks for itself.

On that picture what would cause that? Timing being way off and injecting fuel outside the bowl?

Dzlnut

Reaction score
They have no relation to Innovative diesel.

Call Rudy's. They probably sell more punch it SCT's than anyone.

They have a pretty good relationship with him

What I was trying to say is the tunes may be acquired Innovative tunes..lol

I went cheap and that is what I got..I realize that. I am just trying to figure out how to fix this issue as reasonable as I can. I run low hp tunes so I am hoping for the best till I can get this ironed out.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
On that picture what would cause that? Timing being way off and injecting fuel outside the bowl?

Yes, the timing is advanced way to much. That's how pistons crack, the outside edges of the piston are not as thick as the bowl is and is not made to withstand the heat of combustion outside of the chamber. Advanced timing is just a easy way to get more power, but not the safest.

Latest posts

Members online