question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

uga33

Reaction score
If you hold down the reset button then turn the key on and start the engine while still holding the reset button (or down arrow for folks with LCD screen) it will put the instrument cluster into test mode and do a gauge sweep and show you different parameters. It will show battery voltage, coolant temp, and DTCs when you scroll through.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
so far ive seen dieselsite has a kit for the frame rail and just a couple seconds ago i seen the thread about h&s having a new kit out for, i think, the engine mounted filter...

live life full throttle

I thought diesels site only had a coolant filter kit. Not fuel filters.

sagebel

Reaction score
The diesel site setup supplements the stock fuel system. We need something to get rid of the plastic bowl on the rail. I don't mind changing the engine mounted filter but my azz puckers everytime I touch the one on the frame.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you hold down the reset button then turn the key on and start the engine while still holding the reset button (or down arrow for folks with LCD screen) it will put the instrument cluster into test mode and do a gauge sweep and show you different parameters. It will show battery voltage, coolant temp, and DTCs when you scroll through.

tried that... no worky on mine....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
this is a question i asked in another thread but thought it would be a good spot for it too...

i know nothing of the fuel system on the 6.7 other then where the filters are located... i don't know where the pump is or how much pressure or flow it produces or needs. or if its even a pre and post pump filter or just in line with each other? .. can anyone tell me??

vcassens

Reaction score
The pump and lower filter is right under the drivers side door and the secondary filter is under the hood on the drives side of the motor. I think that the fuel pump is oil driven

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i know where the filters are... i just haven't been under it enough to find the fuel pump.... are you messin with me on the fuel pump being oil driven?

live life full throttle

vcassens

Reaction score
No I am not messing with you lol at least that is what the dealer told my uncle was told some one should correct me if I am wrong and the lower filter is part of the pump I believe

Rivrat

Reaction score
udu7aju3.jpg

Be very careful when removing the fuel filter bowl on the frame rail. I sheared the nut right off off the bowl when I was loosening it. Here are the pat numbers for the bowl, sensor and plug if ever needed. I bought 2 of then. $23 each. Always like a little insurance.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
udu7aju3.jpg

Be very careful when removing the fuel filter bowl on the frame rail. I sheared the nut right off off the bowl when I was loosening it. Here are the pat numbers for the bowl, sensor and plug if ever needed. I bought 2 of then. $23 each. Always like a little insurance.

just by taking it OFF? not while over tightening it?

live life full throttle

Rivrat

Reaction score
Yeah I got about 3/4 of the first turn and it then sheared and proceeded to dump fuel on me.

Latest posts

Members online