Red Truck comes apart....Again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You ever get discouraged on shti like this? I had a shop before and if I got discouraged id let the truck sit. Now, no shop so Im always like "man, screw that truck. I dont wanna work on it"

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know. I get the feeling its sat some too though.

I know my truck does. I just got mine running again. Broke the input shaft and then last weekend I pulled my injectors to look at the orings to see if these are holding up. They are.

Had my five year old helping me. He was supposed to tighten the bolts in the pass side vc and then dump two gals of oil in. He took all of the bolts out then dumped two gals of oil in, much of which went on the ground :doh: "Tom! What are you doing?" I dumped that oil all over the place! Sure did, buddy, sure did.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You ever get discouraged on shti like this? I had a shop before and if I got discouraged id let the truck sit. Now, no shop so Im always like "man, screw that truck. I dont wanna work on it"

sometimes yes, this happened back in October so the truck did sit a while, but realistically it sat 2 weeks before I was ready to tear it apart. At that time thought it didn't make sense since I didn't have the room in the shop, or any parts to start changing. what keeps the drive for me 1)all of my guys hate fords even though 75% of what we work on are fords, so to keep pushing the limits of this truck, it always gets them going 2) I know this truck has serious potential for what it is, and it bothers me that I have yet to get any solid results from all the work that has been put into it, 3) I get bored easily, and its great when show season rolls around, the truck is never the same as it was the year before, were always doing something to it, weather it was last years head gaskets, and completed engine paint and clean up under the hood, the year before with the compounds, the year we did the interior, its always a conversation piece and a good way to show our customers that we're not afraid to change things up and push the limits of a bigger size truck, so although the platform is the same, its never really the same truck so people always enjoy hearing about it.

discouraged isn't in this guys vocabulary...

this thread started in 2013, LOL

I cant believe it started back then...I think the first one we did on PSN was from 2011 but it got deleted...

, I really love this truck, sometimes I wonder how different big time kustomz would be or not be at all if not for this truck that really got us started, but everyone involved in the company is good friends with a passion for this type of stuff, so when one of us gets frustrated the others are there to help push.

all that being said...I am very excited that this thing is nearing completion, really need my lift back!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I know. I get the feeling its sat some too though.

I know my truck does. I just got mine running again. Broke the input shaft and then last weekend I pulled my injectors to look at the orings to see if these are holding up. They are.

Had my five year old helping me. He was supposed to tighten the bolts in the pass side vc and then dump two gals of oil in. He took all of the bolts out then dumped two gals of oil in, much of which went on the ground :doh: "Tom! What are you doing?" I dumped that oil all over the place! Sure did, buddy, sure did.
That's awesome! Lol. Practice makes perfect though!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well, drove the truck down the road last night, will unfortunately be trailering it out to the event this weekend, maybe well drive it home, but still a list of items for both this truck and the Harley excursion befor we can load up tonight, going to be a late one, but well make it....

extremely happy how smooth this trucks sounds and runs, some minor tweaks we need to make with the suspension, but all and all pretty nice ride with the coilovers as well.

now if I just had my Flight Fab traction bars id really be set.......

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
crappy pictures but

Wheels and tires are on, resevoirs mounted.....NOw its time for some serious cleaning, and putting some miles on this thing. unfortunately were going to tow it out to the show this weekend, theres a small coolant leak, and being that I have 12 miles on the truck, id like to get some more local miles on the truck before get it out for some longer trips. but it does feel good to be behind the wheel again.

IMG_0928_zpsu7j3vius.jpg

IMG_0932_zpsuqh1mep7.jpg

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
well, drove the truck down the road last night, will unfortunately be trailering it out to the event this weekend, maybe well drive it home, but still a list of items for both this truck and the Harley excursion befor we can load up tonight, going to be a late one, but well make it....

extremely happy how smooth this trucks sounds and runs, some minor tweaks we need to make with the suspension, but all and all pretty nice ride with the coilovers as well.

now if I just had my Flight Fab traction bars id really be set.......

LOL you don't need the bars anyways. I doubt it will wheel hop too bad on and off the trailer.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well....the truck made it out this weekend, we had a great time.....here was a couple clean shots of the truck. Well work on getting some miles on it this week and finish up on the to do list...

1f7566bd-ebfb-4631-8647-b13616c1b564_zpsz40j8dtu.jpg

IMG_0957_zps9tplmlk5.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
Hope to see it drive in and out on Saturday. Maybe make a run on the dyno. It would be schweet to check out that excursion too if it makes it out here.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. Hoping to make it down for a while. I went two years ago and this will be the first time my truck has ever made it to a diesel event. Always seems to be broke, but not this time. I'm the broke one.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we have about 75 miles on the truck this week so far, truck seems to run great. havnet really got more than 20 pounds of boost on it just taking it real easy on, but as long as we can get some serious work done between now and Friday and get our customers out the door, hopefully we should have the red truck and 2nd gen dodge out at Numidia Saturday.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
little update, almost 400 miles on the truck, trying to get to 500 by Friday so we can change the fluids and head to the track Friday night......and I guess since I go tmy flight fab bars I should probably put those on

Latest posts

Members online