Rough idle..

DARTH_VATO

Reaction score
So today leaving work I let my truck warm up for about 10 minutes. Started driving down the street and bam rough idle and it died. Would start back up had a a friend tow me back to the shop I work at. Hooked up the battery charger. Switched some relays around and it started but idling rough still let it run for 15 minutes. Idle came back to almost normal.

Drove it around our parking lot plenty of power but at idle Its jerky and angry. Shut it off and it would barely run. Felt like a drag car at the starting line. I'm gonna get into it tomorrow hopefully it's a fuel filter and not a pump. My truck could use new glow plugs but idk.
96 cclb with a tune and some other goodies.

Sodbuster Jr.

Reaction score
I would do the fuel filter first, second unplug your icp sensor and see if that fixes the idle. If it keeps dying and what not I would check ipr or cps. Do you have a scan gauge or anyway to check the icp while running? My truck would run rough or almost stall out, come to find out it was my CPS.

95PwrSmoke

Reaction score
pull your icp connector out and check for oil in it. also, ^ the cps sensor could be shot. you may need to replace it.

baderic03

Reaction score
easiest way is plug a scan tool into the truck and read running data and sensor funtions see what everything is doin befor you start throwing parts at it

Latest posts

Members online