S364.5 on 7.3

Swaan

Reaction score
Who would've thought a "smaller" turbo would perform better!!!

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The best way I can describe it Billy is its like trying to ride your bicycle up a hill in 10th gear. Kinda hard right?? , drop it down to 3rd gear now it's no problem.lol

Krause

Reaction score
Going to bring this back to the top guys.

I have a new question. I have a billet s366 currently, just towed across the country with it and was happy with the truck but not thrilled with the turbo. Was def under the turbo most of the way, barely registered boost on the flats. 366 was great and fun on the big end, but the truck is now a designated tow truck, and wont see WOT throttle anymore.

Anyways, Irate Diesel has the SXE for sale

http://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/product/s364-5-fmw-super-core/

This is a 'super core'. Can you order this turbo without an exhaust housing? And if so, are the exhuast housings the same between the previous 300 series BW and the new SXE line? Considering saving on the new and using my current exhaust housing vs dealing with selling the 366. Anyone know the deal with this?

Swaan

Reaction score
Yes . A super core is just a compleat turbo with out an exaust housing.
Order a 64.5 sxe supercore core with the 74/80 exaust turbine. This will go right into your exaust housing you have now. No need to even unbolt your turbine housing. Just re&re the super cores.
This will be way better then your 366 and put you right in the meat of the turbo when towing.
The 366 is a smokey hot dog below 2000 rpm , been there done that.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Going to bring this back to the top guys.

I have a new question. I have a billet s366 currently, just towed across the country with it and was happy with the truck but not thrilled with the turbo. Was def under the turbo most of the way, barely registered boost on the flats. 366 was great and fun on the big end, but the truck is now a designated tow truck, and wont see WOT throttle anymore.

Anyways, Irate Diesel has the SXE for sale

http://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/product/s364-5-fmw-super-core/

This is a 'super core'. Can you order this turbo without an exhaust housing? And if so, are the exhuast housings the same between the previous 300 series BW and the new SXE line? Considering saving on the new and using my current exhaust housing vs dealing with selling the 366. Anyone know the deal with this?
What sticks are you running? Can't see it on this durn phone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
That thing will be a yankin' mudder fudder with the 364...
No joke! I want one of those sxe turbos some kind of bad, but my other projects keep getting in the way. :(

Swaan

Reaction score
I've got the same injectors . I also had the same s366 as you so I feel your pain bro.
I'm assuming you have the .91 housing on your s366? If so then yes just buy that super core in that irate link you posted and it will drop right in to your exaust housing.
It will be night and day diffrence while towing.
Cooler EGTS and faster spool , more boost down low.
Perty much just way better drivabillity with more powwwwwaaaa everywhere.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Will he need tune revision or just rock out?

His truck is lifted and has the big tires. Its probably one of the nicest trucks out there. Period. Bar none. Not for an obs or super duty. Im talking all brands and all versions. Its a bamf truck. If you havent seen swaan search for his build thread. Its impressive. He even built his own coil, ala, etc setup.

Swaan

Reaction score
Well if this is the same Krause that had a 6.0 , I remember him from back then. He had a real nice truck then too.!!.

No need for tune revision. He will be building boost sooner so no need to pull fuel or anything.

Out of curiosity what gears are you running Krause and what trans and tire size??

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have two fiddy two hunnits but im reeeeeeally eyeballing that 364.5 sxe kit and mount from irate. Its a waste of that much fuel but this ***ker has to tow or its no use.

I wanna talk about gn hitches and airbags, where do you guys want me to start a thread? Towrig or general?

ja_cain

Reaction score
I have two fiddy two hunnits but im reeeeeeally eyeballing that 364.5 sxe kit and mount from irate. Its a waste of that much fuel but this ***ker has to tow or its no use.

I wanna talk about gn hitches and airbags, where do you guys want me to start a thread? Towrig or general?
I knew you would eventually sucomb to the lure of the sxe turbos. Lol! I really wanted to see someone run that 364.5 with some 200% nozzle'd hybrids and you are just the man for the task. :)

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
I run 250/100 and a BASB and couldn't be happier. Every injector builder I talked to recommended staying away from the 200's for DD and towing. I wonder why that is when so many people are running them? I thought 250/200 and a 467 would be badass. The Fleece billet 467 supposedly spools real quick and would maybe be a good low spooling setup?

I think my bigger tunes might over fuel my turbo, seems like the little bit smaller tune is just as fast and better down low for sure.

superpsd

Reaction score
200% nozzles need more precise tuning as in logging and going back and forth with a tuner and or live tuning or self tuning. They are streetable nozzles but correct tuning is critical. As for chargers I went with a S369sxe for my setup I am still waiting to install it.

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
200's and the 369 should work great. I'm interested to hear how that works. Mine spools really low and egt's are low. I tow daily so that's important, and it hauls ass empty so I've been pretty happy. Good luck on getting yours done.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Please keep us posted superpsd. It's good to hear that people are giving positive feedback
On the sxe line

Krause

Reaction score
Will he need tune revision or just rock out?

His truck is lifted and has the big tires. Its probably one of the nicest trucks out there. Period. Bar none. Not for an obs or super duty. Im talking all brands and all versions. Its a bamf truck. If you havent seen swaan search for his build thread. Its impressive. He even built his own coil, ala, etc setup.

Thank you for the kind words on the truck. There are an awful lot of nice trucks out there, but this one still gets it done I guess.

Well if this is the same Krause that had a 6.0 , I remember him from back then. He had a real nice truck then too.!!.

No need for tune revision. He will be building boost sooner so no need to pull fuel or anything.

Out of curiosity what gears are you running Krause and what trans and tire size??

Not the same Krause, have not touched a 6L yet that I can remember? Here is the build thread in case you fancy taking a read.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60949

I am running 3.73 with 35inch tires (a metric equivalent), 18" rims.

So just to confirm; it sounds like the exhaust housings are interchangeable, that is great news! Are they identical? I dont wan to re-use exhuast housing if there was some small revision by BW for the SXE exhaust housing that is part of the efficiency increase.

Oh and yes it is a .91 housing currently

Swaan

Reaction score
Yes the exaust housings are the same and completely interchangeable. The only changed the turbine wheel itself in the sxe line but not the housing.As long as your turbine wheel size is the same they will interchange. I would stick with your .91 with the 74/80 turbine

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online