SCT livewire touchscreen

bigaF250

Reaction score
Has Gearhead or Innovative said they can tune on these? That's irritating if they can because I just got my minimaxx that one of the guys at a shop(I won't name anybody)told me not to go with the 5015 because it can NOT support dpf/egr delete tuning. He told me that SCT wouldn't allow it with all the EPA crap going around.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Well I know for the longest time only the 5015 was available. I don't know when the 5015R became available, maybe the said company was unaware? Out of either company you mentioned I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt as both Eric and Matt have always been straight up front with me and always treated me well I wouldn't expect either to mislead anyone intentionally.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Ya, they are a very good shop, I truly don't think they would steer me wrong as I have done a lot of business with them. Just for the dollar numbers from the MM to the 5015 is what really gets me. Once my MCC goes on it's really all the same from there.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Ya, they are a very good shop, I truly don't think they would steer me wrong as I have done a lot of business with them. Just for the dollar numbers from the MM to the 5015 is what really gets me. Once my MCC goes on it's really all the same from there.

Yeah that's the reason I haven't went from my livewire to a minimaxx. I will probably just get me a CTS one day instead

scorpion67

Reaction score
So do most guys like they're 5015 livewires for gauges?? It seems like guys always run Edge CTS's why is this?? I've committed to buying Isspro gauges now but still wonder why A livewire wouldn't be better.?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
So do most guys like they're 5015 livewires for gauges?? It seems like guys always run Edge CTS's why is this?? I've committed to buying Isspro gauges now but still wonder why A livewire wouldn't be better.?

Most guys run the livewire 9625OR, if you have a scale of 1 to 10 on monitoring for the 9625OR, it would never even register on that. It pure sucks for monitoring, hence the reason for a lot of guys getting the edge insight for monitoring. I think the 5015 is supposed to be a lot better unit but maybe drjhollar can let us know how it monitors? Is everything in standard units(PSI, Fahrenheit)?

scorpion67

Reaction score
I read u can adjust the boost from psi to kpa. To me the 5015 looks like a CTS you have to buy a egt probe but I guess manual would probably be instantly and accurate electronic should be to though..

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I read u can adjust the boost from psi to kpa. To me the 5015 looks like a CTS you have to buy a egt probe but I guess manual would probably be instantly and accurate electronic should be to though..

You have to buy an egt probe for neither for the 6.4

sootie

Reaction score

5015 is decent for gauges but not as nice as a CTS.

sootie

Reaction score

dollar numbers are different for a reason. the mini maxx has shift-on-the-fly, defuel settings, comes with box tuning for many many different trucks, is delete capable (if you get a race version).

bigaF250

Reaction score
I know why it's more money, we'll for starters there aren't many left on shelves anywhere. The only thing you said that I even use is the shift on the fly. The rest of it I could care less about. It's really not a big deal. I just seen that the 5015 can run delete tuning and was irritated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I know why it's more money, we'll for starters there aren't many left on shelves anywhere. The only thing you said that I even use is the shift on the fly. The rest of it I could care less about. It's really not a big deal. I just seen that the 5015 can run delete tuning and was irritated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

egr delete tuning on 6.0's yes, but dpf deletes on 6.4? havent heard of that.

sootie

Reaction score
Right, that's what my little rant was about. I was told that SCT will NOT make a delete capable unit. But it's water under the bridge as I can't really go back on it now.

you made the best choice anyway

sootie

Reaction score
Ya, I'm happy with the tuner I have. It was just a dollar number thing as the SCT is considerably less than the MM. And hearing that SCT will support MCC was frustrating. But oh well.

SCT doesnt support MCC to the best of my knowledge.

Latest posts

Members online