SCT Review

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Finally got my sct 3000 (tuned by the devil himself :demon: ) and 5" exhaust. Install was simple despite the fact my computer didn't like sct's updater software. Anyways, first things first, the sound is amazing. Almost sounds like a dang jet at idle. Power is good, I am running the race tune and it's pretty damn salty. Only thing I have to compare with is a spartan tuned 6.4 which isn't fair lol. Shifts are excellent and smoke is not bad at all. It really only smokes when you are all up on it. Now for the boost.... It actually pegs the gauge it only does it when you roll into it and keep it from downshifting but it will do it. Fuel mileage so far is 23.2 that is NOT hand figured but that's what it is according to the gallons used/miles on the cluster and that is almost all highway. I will figure by hand when I run a full tank through it. So in conclusion I have no regrets going with sct, especially since it was half the price of Spartan and H&S.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I run a sct as well. Really woke the truck up. I've only ran it in the performance tune so far and trans tuning is good and smoke is minimal. I got the sct, 5" exhaust, and throttle valve delete for cheaper then I could have gotten a h&s

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I run a sct as well. Really woke the truck up. I've only ran it in the performance tune so far and trans tuning is good and smoke is minimal. I got the sct, 5" exhaust, and throttle valve delete for cheaper then I could have gotten a h&s

Where did you purchase your SCT from?

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Yea no kidding, down pipe back 5" with tip and programmer for less than a H&S tuner alone.

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Glad your happy with our tunes Josh!:evil: Let me know how it goes & if you want to tweak anything else on it. For those of you wondering SCT does not support anything DPF deleted. It's done via the custom side of things... well at least done that way if it's purchased from a legit tuner... not these "I can't figure it out so I'll just copy & paste fools"

Last edited:

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Glad your happy with our tunes Josh!:evil: Let me know how it goes & if you want to tweak anything else on it. For those of you wondering SCT does not support anything DPF deleted. It's done via the custom side of things... well at least done that way if it's purchased from a legit tuner... not these "I can't figure it out so I'll just copy & paste fools"

Couldn't be happier, especially if the fuel mileage stays this good. And I love the fact it doesn't smoke like a train. It really only puffs some at wot other than that it's clean.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Hand calculated 19.6. Easy driving with the exception of letting my dad flog on it a little.

Latest posts

Members online