SCT Review

Sins4u33

Reaction score
Ddoes the sct require you to unplug the EGR like the H&S does?

What tunes are you all getting with your SCT programmers?

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It doesn't required you to unplug anything on the EGR, if you don't have an egr delete. It's up to you, either way you will still have full use of cruise control & no codes

Thanks Gabriel

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The tuning we offer is custom. SCT does not load anything but the STD DPF on files. Fuel mileage is there, how much is all up to the driver.

colecoop56

Reaction score
The tuning we offer is custom. SCT does not load anything but the STD DPF on files. Fuel mileage is there, how much is all up to the driver.

So you would say that the sct is capable of achieving better mpg then the H&S? With my H&S I can only get around 18mpg max if I take it easy. Most of the time im in the 17s on the highway. Now that Im getting true 35s I know it will get worse. I was hoping to be more around 20mpg so if the tires bring it down a little bit then I wont care. I guess I am just use to my duramax that got 22hwy and 17 around town.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
So you would say that the sct is capable of achieving better mpg then the H&S? With my H&S I can only get around 18mpg max if I take it easy. Most of the time im in the 17s on the highway. Now that Im getting true 35s I know it will get worse. I was hoping to be more around 20mpg so if the tires bring it down a little bit then I wont care. I guess I am just use to my duramax that got 22hwy and 17 around town.

I doubt you will get any better by switching, but like Gabe said it's all in how you drive it.

CoreyMS

Reaction score
Really interested in these reviews keep them coming.

IMO the market is looking hard at this the way prices have soared. I know I am.

jwlandry

Reaction score
Wife's truck is on stock tires and wheels and she gets 21 hand calculated. The truck is about to get different wheels and 35s so I'm sure that will go to hell.

I would like some tune adjustments but its nothing major so I just deal w it.

I do definitely reccomends this route. I have a edge insight monitor for the gauge aspect of things and it works great.

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wife's truck is on stock tires and wheels and she gets 21 hand calculated. The truck is about to get different wheels and 35s so I'm sure that will go to hell.

I would like some tune adjustments but its nothing major so I just deal w it.

I do definitely reccomends this route. I have a edge insight monitor for the gauge aspect of things and it works great.

Jarret,

Give me shout & we can go over what you want changed.

colecoop56

Reaction score
I am looking forward to ditching my H&S and switching to SCT. I will let everyone know how much more I like it when I get it.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
I think the only plus side to H&S right now is everyone and their cousin can tune them. Sct only has 3 companies that I can think of doing EPA hater tunes.

colecoop56

Reaction score
I actually like it better that only a few companies can have the capabilities to offer sct tunes. It means it requires a lot more skill and experience. Not just anyone can throw together a tune and sell it like they can with h&s mcc. I know there are a lot of reputable tunes our for h&s, I'm just looking for more out of a tune and tuner.

Latest posts

Members online