Sct update issue

Platinum15

Reaction score
Guys, just got my sct tonight and got ready to program. When I hooked it up to the truck it told me to update the unit. I did the wifi update, then took it inside and hooked it to my computer. Downloaded the sct updater and I can't get my tuner to communicate. It just says error, device not found. I have tried all my USB ports and even tried on my lap top. What do I need to do?

PyroFighter

Reaction score
You will have to load the drives manually, sct can do it remotely if you call them.

FX44AU

Reaction score
Mike to the rescue! :rockon:

Had the same problem when I did one of my '15s. In case anyone else reads this or is wondering I ended up having to switch to a computer running Windows 7 to get my X4 to communicate. Afterwards I found the drivers for Windows 8. :doh:

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Mike to the rescue! :rockon:

Had the same problem when I did one of my '15s. In case anyone else reads this or is wondering I ended up having to switch to a computer running Windows 7 to get my X4 to communicate. Afterwards I found the drivers for Windows 8. :doh:

Lol I had that same problem, had to fire up the dinasour running Windows xp to get mine to work.

rkcarter12

Reaction score
Guys, just got my sct tonight and got ready to program. When I hooked it up to the truck it told me to update the unit. I did the wifi update, then took it inside and hooked it to my computer. Downloaded the sct updater and I can't get my tuner to communicate. It just says error, device not found. I have tried all my USB ports and even tried on my lap top. What do I need to do?
Go into Control Panel>System>Device Manager and find the SCT device. Right-click and choose Update Driver Software. For some reason mine didn't update either until I manually updated from here.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

drswiger

Reaction score
Hell, id just be happy if I could get someone from SCT to answer the 5 emails I have sent them! No response. Tried to return my truck to stock and the Livewire won't allow it. Keeps saying the stock tune is corrupted .

Latest posts

Members online