Secondary cooling system puking from overflow hose

Swanny307

Reaction score
No. Nor did I suggest that yours leaked.

I thought someone was suggesting an aftermarket cac as a solution to a secondary system that is overheating.

Again my reply was out of context, I didn't read the last page to see that it was a defective cac causing the issue.

Quick on the trigger there... I have no issues with my no limit cac, only my head gaskets.

Head gaskets on a 6.7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No. Nor did I suggest that yours leaked.

I thought someone was suggesting an aftermarket cac as a solution to a secondary system that is overheating.

Again my reply was out of context, I didn't read the last page to see that it was a defective cac causing the issue.

Quick on the trigger there... I have no issues with my no limit cac, only my head gaskets.

i didnt think you were implying, was more curious than anything .

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Interesting enough....mine was puking out of the vent tube with exhaust and GH tune w/ E G R unplugged. Since the turbo install and cleaning up the engine bay, mine has stopped puking.

Swanny307

Reaction score
ive yet to hear of any leak or issue with the system from one of ours. has yours leaked other than blowing gaskets ?

Mike have you still not seen any failures out of your CAC I have one in my truck because the factory one was cracked and finally got to toe with it today and it still seems to puke out some coolant. Gotta take the toyhauler up the mountain on Wednesday so I'm going to check it again, I'm hoping that maybe I just over filled it.

Swanny307

Reaction score
I just did the towmax r turbo upgrade in April because my stock '13 turbo took a crap

Jomax

Reaction score
Off chance, but have you tested your cap? Is it holding the 5psi?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike have you still not seen any failures out of your CAC I have one in my truck because the factory one was cracked and finally got to toe with it today and it still seems to puke out some coolant. Gotta take the toyhauler up the mountain on Wednesday so I'm going to check it again, I'm hoping that maybe I just over filled it.

never. but its not to say it cant happen . they all leave with a final pressure test . if you suspect it's that i'd be more than glad to help diagnose, at no charge.

Swanny307

Reaction score
Off chance, but have you tested your cap? Is it holding the 5psi?

I was thinking about the cap actually, maybe I'll grab a new one before I pull up the mountain this evening.

Jomax

Reaction score
Also, did you drain the coolant when you changed out the IC? When filling the coolant, it's very easy to get an air pocket. I have a coolant vacuum tool for this.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've been fighting the same thing with mine, it seems that after you ****** the EGR that long pulls seem to boil the coolant. I replaced my cooler originally thinking that was the issue but after I removed the cooler I pressure tested the cooler to 50 PSI and its fine. So I don't know why the EGR would make a difference but it does.

Swanny307

Reaction score
I did drain the coolant and replaced both with fresh coolant. I'm hoping it's an air pocket and the truck never used to pile the coolant out and the egr has been removed for over 50,000 miles but the old stock turbo never spooled enough to cause high temps I suppose.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That might be part of the other issue, my truck makes 35 psi on big hill for extended periods so the charge air cooler gets behind and starts to get higher and higher intake air temps. I cant view that coolant temp but I bet it gets hot, I have seen 160 degree intake air temps before so I would imagine that the coolant temp is hot as well.

Swanny307

Reaction score
That might be part of the other issue, my truck makes 35 psi on big hill for extended periods so the charge air cooler gets behind and starts to get higher and higher intake air temps. I cant view that coolant temp but I bet it gets hot, I have seen 160 degree intake air temps before so I would imagine that the coolant temp is hot as well.

I agree I have the towmax r on my truck now and that maybe the issue but with the upgraded piping kit I can't read the intake air temp.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I don't think the cac gets behind, I think the secondary system gets heat soaked trying to get rid of that much heat.

I've been thinking about adding a second heat exchanger that cools the coolant further before getting to the cac.
I had an issue with my fuel getting hot too, probably because they are the same part of the circuit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know my big single gets retardedly hot , mine has never puked , yet . but i will say this may be oil temp based as i never see anything over 200 , ever .

JRLott

Reaction score
Dang. Must be nice. I hit 190 just cruising around town without driving like an idiot. 203-210 running 70-90 down the highway.

Latest posts

Members online