Short Arm 4-link what's the difference PMF vs RCD?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I am sorry but it was a vague statement. This does explain it better, thanks.

Did you have bump steer with the stock radius arms? Typically you don't see that on these trucks.

I did. The front of my truck sits 2" lower than stock. Probably has something to do with it, it was really only at speeds under 10mph and uneven bumps. Was really bad on rough dirt roads.

Layson

Reaction score
I did. The front of my truck sits 2" lower than stock. Probably has something to do with it, it was really only at speeds under 10mph and uneven bumps. Was really bad on rough dirt roads.

Gotcha... so you wouldn't feel it at say 40-50 mph across a set of railroad tracks?

EDIT... on your current setup

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Its an honest question. Some stock trucks bump steer in that situation

EDIT: I feel if it does stop that, it would be a HUGE selling point on his 4 link kit. My ALA's completely did away with my bump steer, which is why I absolutely LOVE them on my street trucks, so I see it as a legitimate question

Last edited:

onebadf150

Reaction score
Will a 3-link setup like PMF or OUO control front wheel hop when launching? will it provide better handling and street characteristics? Anyone have experience with this style of arm?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Gotcha... so you wouldn't feel it at say 40-50 mph across a set of railroad tracks?

EDIT... on your current setup

No I do not. I drive across a set twice a day, and the roads are pretty bad to and from work. And your talking about bump steer, not death wobble right?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Will a 3-link setup like PMF or OUO control front wheel hop when launching? will it provide better handling and street characteristics? Anyone have experience with this style of arm?

I believe they do. I have heard nothing but good things about ala's. I know Trevor uses different joints on his if you are going for performance vs ride comfort.

Layson

Reaction score
No I do not. I drive across a set twice a day, and the roads are pretty bad to and from work. And your talking about bump steer, not death wobble right?

No just more along the lines of bump steer. Next time you go across the tracks let go of the steering wheel and watch it. See if it moves. But if you don't normally feel it in the steering wheel, then it sounds like you don't have it. A lot of people don't even know they have it, or really what it is.

NotStock

Reaction score
Have you tried it while wearing white sun glasses? I hear that white sunglasses will sometimes change the linear motion of the flux inducer and create a temporary vortex that can sometimes create a lapse in the inertial path that could allow bump steer if the relative humidity is greater than 15% but not more than 42.8%.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Have you tried it while wearing white sun glasses? I hear that white sunglasses will sometimes change the linear motion of the flux inducer and create a temporary vortex that can sometimes create a lapse in the inertial path that could allow bump steer if the relative humidity is greater than 15% but not more than 42.8%.

LMFAO That's some good insight right there.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
I thought bump steer was when the vehicle steers in the direction of a bump caused by bad steering geometry not how much feedback was felt in the steering wheel.

footlong70

Reaction score
I thought bump steer was when the vehicle steers in the direction of a bump caused by bad steering geometry not how much feedback was felt in the steering wheel.

Bump steer is when the drag link is not parallel to the track bar. When you hit a bump and the axle shifts sideways from the track bar arch, the drag link arch is consequently different causing the tries to turn slightly rather than stay straight. Has nothing to do with what radius arm setup.

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have a PMF 3 link with a 5.5" icon kit. I have no bump steer. 35 nittos on 22 BMFs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.