Side of the road. . .need advice.

TARM

Reaction score
Hey if you want to know for sure why not take a picture close up from a couple angles of the injector tip that is the suspect one.

I know myself and others have dealt with blown cracked tips and its usually obvious. It will give you peace of mind as well.

When you do install the new ones make sure you leave the GP out and crank the engine over for a few seconds to get all the oil out. Then fill up both oil rails by removing a plug on the passenger side and the ICP sensor on the drivers side. Pull the oil pressure sensor from the HPOP res. Fill all of these up with oil until full. Then bump the engine over for just a second. Then refill the HPOP res. Do this two or three times at most. Then go ahead and crank it up till she fires up. By doing the oil fills etc it will save your starter and batteries from excessive cranking. I have seen many people kill their starters or completely drain their batteries.

Think about replacing the GP since you are in there right now as we are entering into winter. Make sure the UVCH both look good and the connectors snap it firm. If not replace them. You are in there so make it as productive as possible.

KPSquared

Reaction score
Fixed. . .and none to proud. Guess what? A diesel with a half tank of gas will stump a guy for a while. . .

My dad has no idea how it happened. He hasn't owned a gas truck for 20 years or more. Best I can figure on the details is a combination of 72 year old guy that was pretty tired and a "full service" station with a crackhead running the pump, Dad maybe pulled up, walked inside, and just missed it. . .he feels pretty dumb.

Either way, a few gallons of conditioner, a fresh tank of diesel were good to go!

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest posts

Members online