Smoked E-Autogrilles headlights(pics)

Smokyred

Reaction score
Just an update, these do diminish the headlight output a little bit. If you drive a lot of dark country roads like I do you may want to add HID's. I was already planning on adding them anyways so no big deal.

I have a hard time seeing at night and with all the deer around here I need to see what I'm trying to avoid!

Dave

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Just an update, these do diminish the headlight output a little bit. If you drive a lot of dark country roads like I do you may want to add HID's. I was already planning on adding them anyways so no big deal.

I have a hard time seeing at night and with all the deer around here I need to see what I'm trying to avoid!

Dave

How are they holding up? I just pulled the trigger today on a set of the Harley replicas. I have work truck lights now. What else will I need to buy to install these?

Smokyred

Reaction score
How are they holding up? I just pulled the trigger today on a set of the Harley replicas. I have work truck lights now. What else will I need to buy to install these?

They are holding up great, I get alot of comments on them.

I'm not sure if you'll need anything else to put them in, my truck is an XL but it came factory with the jewel beam headlights.

Dave

BFT

Reaction score
Do you have those XLT head lights? If so then you can get rid of the piggy back harness and the side marker bulb holder is different

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Do you have those XLT head lights? If so then you can get rid of the piggy back harness and the side marker bulb holder is different

I have the sealed beam work truck lights. I saw the harness on the truck for the sealed beam lights. So I think I'm good on the wiring. This breakdown shows two bulb sockets in addition to the headlight bulb. Is this accurate?
Link to page:

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...2&search=true&year=2008&make=Ford&model=F-350 Super Duty

30781_4492335954114_1787270751_n.jpg

BFT

Reaction score
There are 3 sockets on the head lights. The upper amber turn signal, the headlight and the front side marker.
The side marker is what you will have to change. The one on the work truck head lights are a 90* and the one you will need is straight. You will not be able to plug the side marker light with the 90*

Edit- FWIW... The work truck headlight has a white bulb for the turn signal, I changed mine to amber.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
^^ Nice, couldn't have put it any better but I do have the part numbers for the straight middle side markers to top it off for you if you need them. F81Z13411AA

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I have the smoked lights also, I got moisture in them once when I drove through heavy rain 400 miles in one day, but never once after that. I have had them probably a month and a half and they have seen a lot of miles and weather. I am very pleased, especially for the price.

Smokyred

Reaction score
I left the bulbs out of the center connector so the orange reflector isn't lit up anymore. Makes it look better IMO.

Dave

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
^^ Nice, couldn't have put it any better but I do have the part numbers for the straight middle side markers to top it off for you if you need them. F81Z13411AA

Thanks fellas, I think that 13411 is also used on tailights? I have a old set in the basement. My buddy has a set of headlight bulbs for me. Looks like I'll only be into this for $50! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Smokyred

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I think that 13411 is also used on tailights? I have a old set in the basement. My buddy has a set of headlight bulbs for me. Looks like I'll only be into this for $50! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Nice! Much cheaper than buying factory lights!

Wow these look great for the money. Just need to figure out which ones to get.

Like I said before, the smoked lights do make the headlights a little dimmer, so if you don't have or don't plan on getting HID's you may want to get the Harley style.

I haven't ordered HID's yet so I can't comment on how they work with these, but I would imagine they more than make up for the slightly reduced light output.

Dave

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score

Like I said before, the smoked lights do make the headlights a little dimmer, so if you don't have or don't plan on getting HID's you may want to get the Harley style.

I haven't ordered HID's yet so I can't comment on how they work with these, but I would imagine they more than make up for the slightly reduced light output.

Dave

Yeah I had $40 in E-bay bucks and won the football pool last week! LOL

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score

Dave

They are definitely a tad dimmer, but somehow I still get flashed when I am on low beams. I know what you are saying with them on back roads and stuff, I plan on getting the HID's also. Do you know how the longevity are on the HID bulbs? I have 108k on original bulbs right now which is amazing to me.

Latest posts

Members online