Snow White Resurrection

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Cross section where it bent is oval now...going to have to cut the flange off.

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

So... do you think the up-pipes needs to be constructed out of a thicker material? Im running into a similar issue with mine. Going to a v-band at the manifold to hopefully help a little but i dont think its the solution

Blowby

Reaction score
Cross section where it bent is oval now...going to have to cut the flange off.

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Too much heat and not enough anti-seize. Lather up more than you need so the pipe can slide in the collector and not transfer expansion pressure to the bend. Control the EGT's with timing or water or nitrous for cooling purposes.

JDub

Reaction score
He had the standard hypermax up pipes, think he ordered the HD pieces now. The one with the slip joint in the middle.

Sure would be cool to see some 10s this weekend from the PSD camp

Sent from my XT907

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember bubbling mine at the vband , looked cool. Went to 321 and never had an issue again.

JDub

Reaction score
In not sure what thickness or material the HD pieces from hypermax are but they seem to hold up well. Zane ran the same set on the white truck for years and then moved them over to the lightning when the motor swap happened.

Sent from my XT907

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
JDub is right, had the one piece driver side pipe. The 2 piece unit with the slip joint is coming tomorrow. Should solve that problem.

Mike O...already got water...but made a lot of passes without it. Datalogger probes flatline at just shy of 2000° and I've got a bunch of passes with flat log graphs at the top end of the track! Water brings it down to 1650-1750°. My exhaust leak was pretty significant...thinking that I should see some difference in how the chargers behave from this as well.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
New up-pipe is in and I can tell just at idle and with a slight rev that it's a TON better. Oil is changed, rest of the fluids checked. Truck needs to be wiped down and loaded up...Texas here we come (Thursday anyway).

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
New up-pipe is in and I can tell just at idle and with a slight rev that it's a TON better. Oil is changed, rest of the fluids checked. Truck needs to be wiped down and loaded up...Texas here we come (Thursday anyway).

Bring extra launcher and jets and filling station.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Bring extra launcher and jets and filling station.
What for? Truck is still FUEL ONLY! Have not even run the plumbing or wiring for the Launcher kit yet. The one Zane sent me after I loaned him mine...is still in the box he sent it in...from over a year ago.

Don't forget a spare CPS.
Somehow I know that is meant as a dig toward my old dinosaur of a truck...but it's not bad advice still. Towing a 7.3L with another 7.3L 17+ hours each way...probably better double check that my spare is still where it's supposed to be. LMFAO!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lol dennis.... put a hitch in the race truck.... towpig breaks, swap em out... i got faith in both of the dead platforms your running though!!

live life full throttle

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
What for? Truck is still FUEL ONLY! Have not even run the plumbing or wiring for the Launcher kit yet. The one Zane sent me after I loaned him mine...is still in the box he sent it in...from over a year ago.

Somehow I know that is meant as a dig toward my old dinosaur of a truck...but it's not bad advice still. Towing a 7.3L with another 7.3L 17+ hours each way...probably better double check that my spare is still where it's supposed to be. LMFAO!

lol give it hell my friend. I'm ready to see you run 10's on #2 :D

JSchuricht

Reaction score
Really wish I could make it up there this year. Sounds like it will be much better than last year.

Latest posts

Members online