SRP1.1 strikes again

ja_cain

Reaction score
Id have more faith in a well-maintained 6l than a pmr. The kid has a 04 cclb thats studded, duhleated, and its running 190/30s and we beat the piss out of it and its rock solid even with our franken-pop(hpop).

Im reeeeeally starting to think the 6l problems are overblown. Just my opinion bra!

Next truck I buy will most definitly be an 05+ CCLB. Better turning radius (important with lwb cclb), brakes and I like the front end the best. If the 6.0 goes, I'll just have another ready to swap in or just go with a compounded p-pump'd 12v.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Next truck I buy will most definitly be an 05+ CCLB. Better turning radius (important with lwb cclb), brakes and I like the front end the best. If the 6.0 goes, I'll just have another ready to swap in or just go with a compounded p-pump'd 12v.
how dafuq is it a better turning radius?

and not only are you a hippie, you're a homo too.... 12v? seriously?

live life full throttle

ja_cain

Reaction score
Lol! Super 60 (coil spring setup) gives you tighter turning radius. Don't get me wrong, I love my 7.3 and will probably never get rid of it. I just know that I'll eventually need the cc once the kids get bigger and I can't live without an 8' bed. It's already a pain trying to manipulate this beast as a sclb. I can only imagine what a leaf spring cclb would be like. It would also be nice to become familiar with some other platforms. The ludite in me tends to gravitate towards more simple technology (hence the p-pump cummins). I deal with electronic crap all day long at work and the last thing I want to do is waste a lot of my personal time diking around with it at home if I can help it.

I appreciate the nice ball busting criticism though. :)

On the other hand, a later model truck with a 7.3 sounds interesting too, or might just be easier to find an older 7.3 super duty and swap front and rear. ***, I don't know. Looks like I'm over analeyezing again. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
I can make a U-turn in my truck on a two lane road with no shoulders and four foot bar ditches. Without ever hitting reverse..

Start at a full stop, just to the right of center. Left foot on the brake. Build 5 lbs of boost. Mat throttle, release brake. crank wheel, with throttle still matted, tap brake. Drive to stay out of ditches.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Better than a leaf spring truck...
how dafuq is that?
Lol! Super 60 (coil spring setup) gives you tighter turning radius. Don't get me wrong, I love my 7.3 and will probably never get rid of it. I just know that I'll eventually need the cc once the kids get bigger and I can't live without an 8' bed. It's already a pain trying to manipulate this beast as a sclb. I can only imagine what a leaf spring cclb would be like. It would also be nice to become familiar with some other platforms. The ludite in me tends to gravitate towards more simple technology (hence the p-pump cummins). I deal with electronic crap all day long at work and the last thing I want to do is waste a lot of my personal time diking around with it at home if I can help it.

I appreciate the nice ball busting criticism though. :)

On the other hand, a later model truck with a 7.3 sounds interesting too, or might just be easier to find an older 7.3 super duty and swap front and rear. ***, I don't know. Looks like I'm over analeyezing again. :)

i dont see how it turns better... i have a cclbdrw 7.3 with leafs and a cclbsrw 6.7 with coils... it takes a 4 lane road for me to flip a bich in either truck.... unless i do it this guy's way👇..
I can make a U-turn in my truck on a two lane road with no shoulders and four foot bar ditches. Without ever hitting reverse..

Start at a full stop, just to the right of center. Left foot on the brake. Build 5 lbs of boost. Mat throttle, release brake. crank wheel, with throttle still matted, tap brake. Drive to stay out of ditches.
thats always fun!!

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
2000 ext cab long bed, 05 cclb, 2nd thing I noticed about the 05 after the better ride was how much better it turned. I'm not saying it turns like a small car but I noticed it was better. Haven't owned a 6.7 yet to know how it feels.

ja_cain

Reaction score

Lol! That's how I used to do it in the Chevelle back in the day.

ja_cain

Reaction score
You know, if you would sharpen those chains every once in a while, they wouldn't bog down on you.

Just kidding. Impressive.
Oh they're sharp allright. These guys covet that old chain more than the saws sometimes and they are very meticulous about keeping them sharp. That two man throws some big chips.

It's pretty neat to be able to run a lot of different big saws when we get together like that.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh they're sharp allright. These guys covet that old chain more than the saws sometimes and they are very meticulous about keeping them sharp. That two man throws some big chips.

It's pretty neat to be able to run a lot of different big saws when we get together like that.

chips? that mofo was taking chunks!!!

live life full throttle

swinky

Reaction score
I'm one of few that prefers leafs but that's just me. My junk is stock height though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm one of few that prefers leafs but that's just me. My junk is stock height though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I do as well. I hate coil springs, however I do appreciate the tighter turning radius.

sootie

Reaction score
how dafuq is that?

i dont see how it turns better... i have a cclbdrw 7.3 with leafs and a cclbsrw 6.7 with coils... it takes a 4 lane road for me to flip a bich in either truck.... unless i do it this guy's way👇..

thats always fun!!

live life full throttle

Sorry you can't tell it turns sharper....

more degrees of steering.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I can tell. I think a coil sprung cclb turns tighter than my leaf sprung ccsb.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.