stage one with 1.0 housing

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So your tunes did NOT get real hot on a tow tune or they did? Was it easy to get the truck heated up on the hot tune w/out IC?

woodduck97

Reaction score
No not really. I towed various heavy things behind me and didnt have a problem really. When it was turned up it got hot but that is a given with bigger injectors. With the 300/200's I can see 1000 just spooling up on the line and onced floored the 1600* gauge stays pegged till I let off.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
:lol: THATS pushing some fuel thru those big-boys man. Sorry I'm annoying, I'm about to make the step in 160's or 160/30's. I want a fun truck on the hot tune for daily driving, and a tow tune that I dont have to worry about heating up too badly when towing.

woodduck97

Reaction score
Oh you shouldnt have a prob. I would not do the 1.0 housing though. Turbo will be much happier along with motor.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Good deal. I'm having guys in my thread saying that w/ 160's or 160/30's that I will have to have the tuner pull fueling pretty bad because i'm non-ic'd... your saying thats not really true?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
To the OP. Leave the 1.00 housing with the ones. Youll be happy. LEAVE THE STOCK OBS WHEEL IN THERE. The SD wheel is going backwards. Absolutely no point. And that Banks wheel you talked about, just forget about it. That being said stop asking about othe options for a stock OBS wheel. There is none.

Unless Bill tests the new GEN 2 BILLET wicked wheel on the OBS turbo that "MIGHT" be an option..

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^Yes that Gen II wicked wheel sure is looking appetizing and promising.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
^Yes that Gen II wicked wheel sure is looking appetizing and promising.

It definately is. Specially considering how terrible the Batmo did, this makes me happier theres still someone out there that cares about the 7.3 stock turbos. :thumbsup:

On the downside, if there wasnt already enough people that were confused about the gen 1 wicked wheel and how its the same as a stock OBS wheel now there will be even more confusion. LOL

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^hahahahah I foresee that happening.. but it seems this genII wicked wheel can be implemented by ALL sd/obs guys and have advantages. I really am anxious for this info, as I will be first in line for a genII wheel.

Latest posts

Members online