Stock fuel numbers???

BFT

Reaction score
I had a 8700# CCSB on 18x37's that went 12.7 @104 with JD behind the wheel. Fuel bowl delete, AD165, ported intake mani and HP turbos.
I'm saving my $$$ for another set of HP turbos

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This makes the idea of adding fuel fly out the window

I want a clean reliable 650-700 smoke free just makes it 10x better with all the damn cummins idiots around here.

From what I've been told the added air should help with the rear cylinders cracking as well ( could be totally wrong here) but I'd like to keep from building a bottom end if possible :doh:

I think an intake manifold is absolutely necessary to balance the rear cylinders. Was a pretty substantial difference in bft truck to mine and he had a manifold , I didn't.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
This makes the idea of adding fuel fly out the window

I want a clean reliable 650-700 smoke free just makes it 10x better with all the damn cummins idiots around here.

From what I've been told the added air should help with the rear cylinders cracking as well ( could be totally wrong here) but I'd like to keep from building a bottom end if possible :doh:

One of the funnest trucks I've ever driven was Godzilla with stock fuel and High-Powers. Stupid fun!

An alternative would be Tow-Power X's also. Slightly less power but 700+hp capable no problem. An intake manifold is well worth it. We saw the gains on the flow bench for sure.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
One of the funnest trucks I've ever driven was Godzilla with stock fuel and High-Powers. Stupid fun!

An alternative would be Tow-Power X's also. Slightly less power but 700+hp capable no problem. An intake manifold is well worth it. We saw the gains on the flow bench for sure.

I'm with you changed my thinking forever on turbo sizing

smokinstroker

Reaction score
So more than likely ill stay stock fuel. A z max manifold will go on regardless of turbo mods along with valve train.

So the question is tow x or high power?
Will tow x get me 700 without driving to hard? Price jump is quite a bit

Motostroker

Reaction score
So more than likely ill stay stock fuel. A z max manifold will go on regardless of turbo mods along with valve train.

So the question is tow x or high power?
Will tow x get me 700 without driving to hard? Price jump is quite a bit

I'm going to try tow x without a gate first.... If I'm not happy ill upgrade my HP to 62 and add a gate

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Not a bad plan but I would def add a gate while the cab is up. Not worth having to worry about ebp issues

BFT

Reaction score
I can tell you guys right now. You need to drive that LP or when the converter locks you will have a dead spot, but only for a second. I learned that the hard way because the banjo fitting ontop of the gate was never drilled through.

3brorce

Reaction score
I believe he is saying as long as you have your turbines and wheels sized correctly, you are fairly safe to run without a gate/s.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm with you changed my thinking forever on turbo sizing

i believe what dustin is referring to is efficiency and the bonus effects of that.

spoolup=much better than stock
power= triple that of stock
temperature= incredibly cool, never over 1400 thru the traps
smoke=non-existent other than a puff at launch

efficiency=one fun as hell street truck that sounds like a god damn jet.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
i believe what dustin is referring to is efficiency and the bonus effects of that.

spoolup=much better than stock
power= triple that of stock
temperature= incredibly cool, never over 1400 thru the traps
smoke=non-existent other than a puff at launch

efficiency=one fun as hell street truck that sounds like a god damn jet.

I love everything about this!!!!!! Glad I will have High Powers on my truck here very shortly.

3brorce

Reaction score
Can I call dibs on your high powers so when you go to max powers???

Latest posts

Members online