Supercharged compounds. If I only had a brain (and deep pockets)

TXlineman83

Reaction score
With all the relocate and delete kits available. Why couldn't someone fuel bowl delete, relocate oil mess on top, custom fab intake manifold adapter plate and mount a whipple supercharger into the compound turbo setup. I know there's a lot of fab work entailed in this. Relocate turbos etc etc etc. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why it couldn't be done. But I'm not an engineer
ne5evy3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I know it's a sin to post a dummins product in blue oval home base. But I figured a little insight to where I'm coming from might help.

WYO7.3

Reaction score
I knew a guy who knew a guy who did it on his cummins. His idea behind it was, being a 6 speed he wouldn't lose all his boost between shifts. I would love to see someone try!

97stoker350

Reaction score
It's called blowermax twin turbo to supercharge. I don't think he ever got it running right. Looked cool tho with the whole front clip flipped up

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Not saying ill ever be able to or know how to do this. But I think it would be kool if you had a setup like this for towing. The boost down low would be awesome. Beastly torque. A little more overlap on the cam and I think someone could have a sled pull monster.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
With the turbo setups that are out there now there is not a need really anymore for the supercharger. Setups like the high powers from Elite spool almost instantly and make HUGH torque numbers at very low rpms. I have the High powers and can validate that they do in fact do just what I stated above. It would be cool to see the supercharger in all put in the equation, but I just don't think that you would get that big of a reward for all the extra money you would have into the setup.

big johnson

Reaction score
Banks built a Detroit with a 8.something liter whipped and a 95mm turbo for the pikes peak freightliner and empire diesel had a pro charger kit out I know not quite the same

78f100

Reaction score
Didn't Dustin have a supercharger single turbo psd? I know someone did years ago, but it wasn't a screw charger

TXlineman83

Reaction score
So maybe not a whipple but something more like a pro charger. Remove the passenger battery like your running turbo over there. Some fab work for brackets and piping to hit your stock compounds up top. Doesn't seem too difficult in my head. Then again I build power lines not diesels. I just think it would be kool to be the first to do this. As well as these 6.4s respond to boost and fuel why couldn't it happen.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So maybe not a whipple but something more like a pro charger. Remove the passenger battery like your running turbo over there. Some fab work for brackets and piping to hit your stock compounds up top. Doesn't seem too difficult in my head. Then again I build power lines not diesels. I just think it would be kool to be the first to do this. As well as these 6.4s respond to boost and fuel why couldn't it happen.

Empire diesel makes or can make pro charger kits for all the truck/engine combos.

live life full throttle

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
magu6y8a.jpg

They've been doing turbo supercharger set ups for years on boats. The supercharger has a clutch on it like a/c compressor. Then there is a check valve on the air box. Might not look cool but it works well. Supercharger. For low end to spool turbo then when a certain boost is reached supercharger shuts off and turbo takes over.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online