Swamps Turbos

isootmypants

Reaction score
Just because I only mentioned the parts I installed that day, does not mean that is the only modifications to the truck.

The truck does have a fuel system to aid the stock HPFP
The truck does have a built trans
The truck has held 23,500 rail pressure with the 30% nozzles since installation.

The reason I used the term sh!tty, is because of the following...

Transmission holding gears, not shifting into OD. Shut truck off on side of road, sit for a minutes, start back up, shifts fine.

Harsh lock up.

Monitors have frozen. Gone blank, and have caused no starts after switching tunes.

The monitors have been sent back multiple times for reflashes and returns for new ones.

Has always updated versions when released.

Once in a while, truck will hiccup, like a dead spot. Everything is just fine mechanically.

He has spoke to techs from Spartan about these issues.

Sorry for bashing you guys out loud like that, just personal opinions and issues we have encountered that I should have left out in my post.

isootmypants

Reaction score
So its not even your truck and your personal experience?

Pretty much is, my close friend who lives 2 minutes down the road. I drive the truck atleast once or twice a week. I do all the work to the truck. Any issues with it, Ive delt with it.

Ive raced it, towed with it, daily driven it.

Only difference is, my name is not on the title

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
So anyways... So to put this into perspective here, have you guys tried running different tuning with the setup?

Trav-O

Reaction score
I am running the Crossbows. I haven't had a chance to dyno them yet but the truck runs strong then my old silver crewcab and on this one I am lacking a built tranny and Im still on stock fuel. Hope to get on a dyno soon tho

B585Ford

Reaction score
For the dyno numbers, you had an upgrade to the LPFP/system and 30%s with the Swamps turbos, but the HPFP system was stock?

If so, you were maintaining 235xx RP during those dyno runs?

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Just because I only mentioned the parts I installed that day, does not mean that is the only modifications to the truck.

The truck does have a fuel system to aid the stock HPFP
The truck does have a built trans
The truck has held 23,500 rail pressure with the 30% nozzles since installation.

The reason I used the term sh!tty, is because of the following...

Transmission holding gears, not shifting into OD. Shut truck off on side of road, sit for a minutes, start back up, shifts fine.

Harsh lock up.

Monitors have frozen. Gone blank, and have caused no starts after switching tunes.

The monitors have been sent back multiple times for reflashes and returns for new ones.

Has always updated versions when released.

Once in a while, truck will hiccup, like a dead spot. Everything is just fine mechanically.

He has spoke to techs from Spartan about these issues.

Sorry for bashing you guys out loud like that, just personal opinions and issues we have encountered that I should have left out in my post.

Has he tried our transmission files for a built transmission? That might help with the transmission troubles. Standard transmission files are going to shift harsher because they are meant for stock transmissions.

Any issues with the actual DashDAQ we have to deal directly with Drew Technologies on. We use the device as our tuning device. Most people don't have issues with them and love them. Like any product, there will be a bad apple here and there. We do our best to accommodate those that do have issues with the DashDAQ.

As far as the the stock HPFP maintaining rail pressure with 30% nozzles and our 310 tune, I have never seen it done and I don't anyone (whether they have a low pressure fuel system or not) that has maintained 24,500 (commanded) with a 2.3ms tune. Many, many people on this forum have tested that and would agree with me.

The fact that the truck made the same power with the 310 tune and the 250 tune proves that there was an issue maintaining rail pressure. Dyno those tunes back to back on a stock nozzle truck, and you'll see there is quite the power difference.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
look at these fools stick up for sh!tty spartan tuning!

:whs: so far I have read that one guy had some issuses after 20K miles and there are a few others out there just starting to run them. I am debating weather or not to buy there turbos or go with Elites 72mm add onfor a few hundred more. I am enjoying the spartan comments by the way.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Has he tried our transmission files for a built transmission? That might help with the transmission troubles. Standard transmission files are going to shift harsher because they are meant for stock transmissions.

Any issues with the actual DashDAQ we have to deal directly with Drew Technologies on. We use the device as our tuning device. Most people don't have issues with them and love them. Like any product, there will be a bad apple here and there. We do our best to accommodate those that do have issues with the DashDAQ.

As far as the the stock HPFP maintaining rail pressure with 30% nozzles and our 310 tune, I have never seen it done and I don't anyone (whether they have a low pressure fuel system or not) that has maintained 24,500 (commanded) with a 2.3ms tune. Many, many people on this forum have tested that and would agree with me.

The fact that the truck made the same power with the 310 tune and the 250 tune proves that there was an issue maintaining rail pressure. Dyno those tunes back to back on a stock nozzle truck, and you'll see there is quite the power difference.

Thanks Jeff. That was my thoughts. I am just trying to get a good idea of what these turbos do. These are the first dyno numbers that I have seen from the Swamps turbos and they seem really low (assuming it is not the dyno itself), but like you said, you have to take into consideration trying to maintain 30s on a stock HPFP system. I was under the impression that about a 1.9 PW would be the max for a stock healthy HPFP (even with upgraded LPFP/system) to maintain RP so I am definitely taking those numbers with a grain of salt. Hopefully we will see more numbers in the future.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. That was my thoughts. I am just trying to get a good idea of what these turbos do. These are the first dyno numbers that I have seen from the Swamps turbos and they seem really low (assuming it is not the dyno itself), but like you said, you have to take into consideration trying to maintain 30s on a stock HPFP system. I was under the impression that about a 1.9 PW would be the max for a stock healthy HPFP (even with upgraded LPFP/system) to maintain RP so I am definitely taking those numbers with a grain of salt. Hopefully we will see more numbers in the future.

I will give 500 bucks cash to anyone who can maintain 2.3ms on a stock hpfp with 30% nozzles. No joke

Latest posts

Members online