Switching tunes...Input wanted

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I am thinking about switching tunes I have a hyrda with bills tunes. I am in need of injectors two of them aren't contributing as much as they should I want to go with 250/200s. Should I switch to gearheads tunes, powerstruck or no limit tuning? I like the fact that with gearhead I could keep the hydra. I have heard lots of good things about gearhead and powerstruck. I want input from you guys have that know more about and have more experience then I do.

David N

Reaction score
I have Matts tunes, and I've actually wanted to try Bill's tunes. LOL

Swap me chips for a week? I have your exact setup. LOL

I really like Matt's tunes here. But I have personally never tried anyone else's, so I can't vouche for who would be better or worse.

Barnhartal

Reaction score
I have No Limit, GearHead, and bills tunes on my hydra. Have talked to powerstruck about tunes for hydra and the last I knew he was changing software so he could write for the hydra. Swamps will also do tunes for the hydra.

For NLTD on the hydra pm thuglike.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ran beans. Not impressed. Ran good, bit Smokey as heck , and idled horrible.

Matt's now, clean, good power, still working out some issues.with trans tuning. I'll hit rev limiter for probably a second for both 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

sent while staring at a windowed block

TyCorr

Reaction score
Should have just answered at this point^.

Fwiw, I love.most everything about my php.tunes. No surprises. They are clean and make.decent use of whats available for power. Trans behaves like I.want it to even though im not providing input.other.than throttle. I like how I can come into a town with a 35mph speed zone,.trailer or.not, and let the truck.slow itself. Converter stays locked and will downshift.and relock. Its a dream towing. In fact, Bills tow tunes are great.

Ive tried other.stuff but Bills are good for me.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Should have just answered at this point^.

Fwiw, I love.most everything about my php.tunes. No surprises. They are clean and make.decent use of whats available for power. Trans behaves like I.want it to even though im not providing input.other.than throttle. I like how I can come into a town with a 35mph speed zone,.trailer or.not, and let the truck.slow itself. Converter stays locked and will downshift.and relock. Its a dream towing. In fact, Bills tow tunes are great.

Ive tried other.stuff but Bills are good for me.

I like bills tunes . I just get bored and want to try something different

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Depends on what I'm asking from the truck. Bills tow tune ran great for me this weekend lowest egts with still having power I've experienced yet.

Gear heads daily tune idles and drives the best for me just cruising especially the raised ICP variant he sent me. Not sure if I care for the refuel on shift or not, leaning towards not. Can't give gearheads all out tune a fair evaluation because my hpop won't keep up.

No limits tune is an 80 HP daily (should have gotten a 120 but hpop issue would probably be the same as GH's) shifts are awesome for when I want to "hot rod around".

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I love the No Limit tunes I have.

I love the Gearhead tune I have.

I loved the Swamps tuning I had...

Gearhead is very consirvitive power wise from what I have heard. I am only running an econo tune so I dont know about his others. I will be ordering an all out tune shortly.

The No Limit tuning I have is about spot on...

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
We can get you set with both. We work closely with No Limit in tuning our injectors. We offer their tuning, they offer our injectors. It has become a very powerful combination of the last couple years.

And right now if you purchase injectors from us we offer free tunes. :rockon:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
We can get you set with both. We work closely with No Limit in tuning our injectors. We offer their tuning, they offer our injectors. It has become a very powerful combination of the last couple years.

And right now if you purchase injectors from us we offer free tunes. :rockon:

Well tell him to send me a few more then... LOL

thuglike

Reaction score
Tim's 300/200 are the baddest high performance injector I have ever seen, heard or driven!!!!!
Plain and simple they are the best!!!

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
You can have tunes from different tuners on the hydra at once correct? How would a 38r handle 300/200s?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
correct, I have php and gearhead on my hydra. it would probably be a smokey pig until you had fuel pulled back. my s471 is pretty smokey from what ive seen with my injectors

Latest posts

Members online