Switching tunes...Input wanted

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
from what I understand that would be too much fuel for the turbo with out a gate. buy them and have the fuel pulled back until you upgrade the air

chris1978

Reaction score
You can have tunes from different tuners on the hydra at once correct? How would a 38r handle 300/200s?

I ran 300/200's all last year with a 38R and 1.15 housing. Tow and economy felt around 300 and 350 hp and were cool and smoke free with Swamps, PHP and Gearhead tunes.

This year, the same files with shift points bumped up for the 71mm HX50 are a little smokey if I lug it. Still I can tow 15k through the BC mountains like nothing is back there. And don't have to watch the EGT gauge constantly like I used to with other tuners...

Sent from my XT910

Last edited:

thuglike

Reaction score
Made by us..sold by us.

Attachments

• 7.3-turbo.jpg
    7.3-turbo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93

DZL JIM

Reaction score
...Should I switch to gearheads tunes, powerstruck or no limit tuning?

I haven't run Gearhead in a few years, I never cared for his but maybe he's changed since then.
My vote is for No Limit and/or Power Struck. No Limit has an impressive database and Justin @ Power Struck has impressed me with his tunes almost as much as Bill @ PHP. :D

ghohouston

Reaction score
You can have tunes from different tuners on the hydra at once correct? How would a 38r handle 300/200s?

Its gonna run hot and wont clean up the smoke, not even if youre gearhead tuned. My all out tune from gearhead, a 38r, and 238/100's smoked like a damn cummins at w.o.t.. His other tunes only had a small haze at w.o.t.. The only thing I DIDNT like about matys tuning is just HOW stockish the truck feels until your foot is to the floor.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Like you wanted the mystery to dispel quicker? In other words, half throttle would.have been an apt point to unleash extra fuel. I like the idea of tuning like that but it may bug me like it is you.

Reaction score
I run 300/200 with a billet wheeled 38r its a strong running setup for that small of a turbo. I'm a little over 600hp but it does run hot and smokey as hell. For the 38r just stay with a 100% nozzle my 250/100s was awesome ran nice and cool and virtually smoke free with my gearhead tunes. And I was around 525hp still on PMRS :-D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
How did thay work out for you lol

sent while staring at a windowed block

Worked awesome for me I loved that setup ran it for probably 20k miles pulled about 30 times and drag raced 100s of times I made 25 passes in one day at rudys. Never had a single problem out of it ran 8.4s @ 7800 and outpulled all the the other workstock trucks. BUT have to give thanks to GEARHEAD for some great tunes to hold it together. Found a great deal on a forged motor so I swapped em out and sold mine for nearly what I paid for the forged motor.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ghohouston

Reaction score
Like you wanted the mystery to dispel quicker? In other words, half throttle would.have been an apt point to unleash extra fuel. I like the idea of tuning like that but it may bug me like it is you.

I mean I didnt expect full power at 1/4 pedal, but didnt think it would feel stock until its floored. Hell, I dont even have a truck anymore, so cant try different tunes now, but always wanted to

Latest posts

Members online