T-4 mount up pipe welds?

bigjake0524

Reaction score
I told him it would be made right, that isn't why I jumped in here. I just wanted to clear up that I wouldn't charge more to do so! That was my only issue. I will stand behind what we build and take care of issues if one arises. That is why were going to begin Tig welding the up-pipes it is much easier to control the flow without getting huge buildup. And also puts less stress into the tubing.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
First issue I've ever heard of with Jake's stuff. Also looks like he's standing behind his work as a very respectable business should. I see a win win for all parties involved. No business is going to produce a 100% perfect product 100% of the time. Its what happens when an issue is discovered that matters. I think its been handled very well.

skylinedan

Reaction score
You have to look at the finished product and ask your self the question. Would I want this on my truck ? I,m not bashing you or your work, but I think you should be looking at Quality control. Sounds like you,ve got a plan in the making to remedie this and all should be going in the rigth direction. I,ve been welding for a lot of years here at the shop, and I know some days things just dont work out, but still. Those were some cold welds, I would have stopped, and started over with new materials seeing this was not gonna be a nice job.

Dan

Homesteader

Reaction score
Jake will Tig be as strong as mig on the pipes? Also what would be used on the plate and collector ? Will we see pics of the finish product after it's been fixed?

Thanks

bigjake0524

Reaction score
Yes tig is as strong as mig. It also allows the heat to much more directed and not put as much heat into the area not being welded. Which is less stressful to the rest of the product. And yes pictures can be posted of the corrected weld. I dont have anything to hide!

bigjake0524

Reaction score
Depends on the rod that your using, but is much more precise than a mig weld and much more controlled. And also takes much more time to weld with.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
We will just tig weld them. It will solve the problem. And it is a better process for the tubing as well.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Look forward to seeing the finished product. If the previous post purchase support I've recieved from Irate is any indicator, then I'm betting the OP will be a happy camper when he gets his up-pipes back.

This next part doesn't work for every situation, and some my disagree with my take....

But if you have a problem with a product or service, its usually best resolved (i.e. the best best possible outcome for all involved) by direct communication between the vendor and customer. I like the phone for this.

Stuff can spiral quickly out of control on these forums without a superhuman effort on the part of both parties.

Look @ all the BS posted about the SRP1 for example.

Good luck to Irate and the OP. Look forward to the final results.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think Jake did a nice job addressing this and made everyone feel more comfortable with his business.

a_moore

Reaction score
As long as these mount kits hold up the appearance of the weld is of very little significance.

As many kits as he has out there, if there is a problem it will show....probably would have already.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I got a kit from jake and I love it. All the welds look nice to me. But as stated above, they don't have to be pretty, as long as they hold :D

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
As long as these mount kits hold up the appearance of the weld is of very little significance.

As many kits as he has out there, if there is a problem it will show....probably would have already.

I disagree to the tenth power. That's an excuse to rectify a companies quality issue. This isn't the first one I've seen from Irate that looks terrible.

Props to Jake for making it right. Still should have never left looking like that.

a_moore

Reaction score
Are you a mechanical engineer.....or a welding expert?

As long as the up-pipes do not leak, there is little chance of burning through a .100'' weld as there is the .040'' pipe.

.5'' of good weld on either side of the flange plate is enough to hold a GT45 charger through a end-o crash.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.