T-4 mount up pipe welds?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I will buy them from you for exactly what you paid for them just to see the weld. Seriously. That way I can post proper pics of the whole thing.

Do you think the OP is trying to make this into something its not? I'm sure shortly everyone will get to see all angles of the "gone over/ fixed" up pipes.

Ok. So maybe I was a little too blunt. Sorry. Been a little testy the last couple days. However, I meant every word. And don't mistake this for a defense of Irate just because I'm an Irate customer. This exact thing has happened in the past. In fact, its almost a clone thread of the DI header thread. The point is that the guy ordered a set of pipes for like $400 and Jake messed up and rushed them. Jake's bad. He fixed them by going over the welds with a tig welder to flatten the welds for free. However, before Jake made it right, this guy posts it bashing Jake and telling lies to make it worse. Now he's still being a douche and he has never even directly contacted Irate Diesel Performance about it. Yes I'm being a dick. I'm sorry. I'll clean it up. But I would say the exact same comments if this had been with any of the other sponsors.

P.s. Those were rough cut holes. They are cleaned up and ported when the pipes are welded on.

Like I said, I'm sorry. I could have been nicer about it. I do think though that things have been a little twisted. But do you honestly believe that when the problem was FINALLY brought to Jakes attention, that the guy wouldn't have been told what was going to be done, and he wouldn't have agreed to it before the fix was done? So send it back and tell him you want a new tig welded set of pipes. If he refuses, then bitch. I just think that this has been a little blown out of proportion. If this were anybody else I would say the same things. Yes the guy got a crappy set of pipes. Yes Jake obviously got too sloppy. Its what has happened before and after that has gotten me so peeved.

Oh, and if you (oneofakindsuperdouche) want to make this personal, then pm me. I'll do the same. But if you want I'll post my welding certifications. Can you do that?

Yet again, for having Irate all over your truck (sponsorship maybe?) you sure aren't making Irate look any better. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take it down a notch over there, and maybe continue with some constructive discussion. Like all the pages up until this last one.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Think so? Is there one other person who has dealt with Jake that believes that? So the guy sys he called and jake says he would never say that. That's word against word. Now you add in the reputation for customer service above and beyond. Do you really believe that? That's all I'm saying. Like I said, sorry I've been such a dick. Just don't cater to a guy that is pitching a fit just to pitch a fit.

QtrHorse

Reaction score
I will buy them from you for exactly what you paid for them just to see the weld. Seriously. That way I can post proper pics of the whole thing.

What exactly is proper pics? Please explain what that means?

Yes, I would love for you to post your welding certification.

ne-stroke

Reaction score
Think so? Is there one other person who has dealt with Jake that believes that? So the guy sys he called and jake says he would never say that. That's word against word. Now you add in the reputation for customer service above and beyond. Do you really believe that? That's all I'm saying. Like I said, sorry I've been such a dick. Just don't cater to a guy that is pitching a fit just to pitch a fit.

If it was ats or banks product you would be agreeing with us but since your close with irate your taking it personal.
I am sure this is not common with Irate but yet thats what forums are for is showing and casting opinions.

oneofakindSD

Reaction score
so vanderchevy if you go an engine stand and it breaks at a weld when you put and engine on it , you cant tell me you wouldnt bitch about it , oh wait your a terdified welder so you be ok with it , F*ching BS

Big Bore

Reaction score

I have to say, reading the OP saying the builder wanted more money to fix the pipes seemed way out of character for Jake, like so far out I refuse to believe it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No sponsorship but yes I admit I am close with irate. Maybe I am taking this top personally. I still think I'm right. I want to see pics of the back of the pipe for penetration and the edges of the weld for cut in. Also close ups for pin holes.

2011-11-13_19-43-13_911.jpg

Doesn't matter anyway. Its taken care of.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I have to say, reading the OP saying the builder wanted more money to fix the pipes seemed way out of character for Jake, like so far out I refuse to believe it.

As far as I know there is an email from Jake at Irate that said just that. Maybe the OP will post the email, maybe that's crossing the line and doesn't even need to be brought up.
:popcorn:
No sponsorship but yes I admit I am close with irate. Maybe I am taking this top personally. I still think I'm right. I want to see pics of the back of the pipe for penetration and the edges of the weld for cut in. Also close ups for pin holes.

What about pictures of the base?

bigjake0524

Reaction score
WOW!!! This one turned productive! LOL

If you want to see the e-mail chain I can post it up! But ONLY if the OP says it is okay to do! That is still a private conversation at this point between the two of us.

Things are being handled. So out of respect for everyone maybe lets just not post anything in here any more unless posted by the OP. This one is turning into some smack talk material. I didn't even read the last 2 pages that blew up! Not looking like much productive talk was going on!

Homesteader

Reaction score
first off vanderchevy you need to crawl back into the f***** hole you came out of , i was in the process of building my own set of pipes and i was on a tight schedule, ive done alot more metal fab. work then you ever wet dreamed about ,i heard alot of great things about irates products so i bought his pipes and just to open the box and see this is bad , yes i did talk to jake the first time , but this product is sad period.

OneofakindSD why dont you find the time and build you a set of pipes and show all of us how it should look like and settle this once and for all. This is getting blown out of wack.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.