Think its time for a BTS..

Tom S

Reaction score
I'm going over to BTS tomorow to meet a couple friends who are getting transmissions installed (tomorrow and Friday's builds). :toast:

I hope you make a post about that day! Better yet take some photos.

tbolt

Reaction score
He probably needs to spend more time in the shop instead of the phone. I know people that would take their trans to him in a wheel barrow 500 miles. If you want it be patient.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I hope you make a post about that day! Better yet take some photos.

So I walk in and Brian says 'you changed tire sizes since you were here, how does it shift?' I told him it shifts hard, just like he said it would if I went back to 285/75/16's (I had 325/60/18's when he built trans). He asks one of his guys to bring my truck in the shop, then 'asks' me if its OK for him to change the shift plate - I don't think he would have let me say no... I told him I thought my trans temps had been a little high in this HOT weather towing my TT, I had seen 220* pulling some grades in TN. He said something must be wrong and started looking. They found the bypass line was bent or something and replaced it. I am to call today and report temps from drive home - which were the 'under 150*' they are 'sposed to be!!

I asked how much for changing shift plate, filter and fluid (he didn't like my 20k mile fluid that had been 'warm') and he said 'covered by warranty'... Considering I changed tires after he built trans, I think that is an example of going above and beyond what is expected.

His tunes made 324hp/617tq in my X last weekend with a plugged up air filter. I didn't think that was bad for a 260k mile stock truck! There were other trucks on the rollers that day with AC codes and a 38R and live tuning from a 'popular' tuner that didn't make much more than that... I didn't look at the board to see all the other #'s, but I think Chris from Diesel World said he would publish them!

IMAG1932.jpg

Here's my friend Frank heading out on his test drive with Brian!!

IMAG1935.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
His tunes made 324hp/617tq in my X last weekend with a plugged up air filter. I didn't think that was bad for a 260k mile stock truck! There were other trucks on the rollers that day with AC codes and a 38R and live tuning from a 'popular' tuner that didn't make much more than that... I didn't look at the board to see all the other #'s, but I think Chris from Diesel World said he would publish them!

People will ignore those just because they were in a magazine! Id like to try his tunes as well.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
So I walk in and Brian says 'you changed tire sizes since you were here, how does it shift?' I told him it shifts hard, just like he said it would if I went back to 285/75/16's (I had 325/60/18's when he built trans). He asks one of his guys to bring my truck in the shop, then 'asks' me if its OK for him to change the shift plate - I don't think he would have let me say no... I told him I thought my trans temps had been a little high in this HOT weather towing my TT, I had seen 220* pulling some grades in TN. He said something must be wrong and started looking. They found the bypass line was bent or something and replaced it. I am to call today and report temps from drive home - which were the 'under 150*' they are 'sposed to be!!

I asked how much for changing shift plate, filter and fluid (he didn't like my 20k mile fluid that had been 'warm') and he said 'covered by warranty'... Considering I changed tires after he built trans, I think that is an example of going above and beyond what is expected.

IMAG1932.jpg

Here's my friend Frank heading out on his test drive with Brian!!

IMAG1935.jpg

That Almost looks like Gare's(PTSuperD's) old truck in the second pic in the background

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
People will ignore those just because they were in a magazine! Id like to try his tunes as well.

Lol, there won't be any specifics if it does get published, just something like 'Jason made 324hp' - there especially won't be any pics/details about my ugly, DIRTY, plain 'ole, stock truck!! :eek:

I like these tunes better than my previous tunes............. :rolleyes:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Good question!? It depends. Ive got friends that dont like getting them up off the ground that far. Others swear its so much easier to be able to stand under there and get to work.

A 4r is pretty heavy and I would floor-jack and a strap it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope not a single lift in his shop for trannys........he only uses floor jacks.... i asked when i was there and he said have u ever worked on a truck with your arms above your head all day... i said good point.. and yes that is totally brian with not charging a dime for the fluid change and shift plate...

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dont ever see a kenworth on a lift do ya?

I gotta get with Cary and see what is going on. He gave me the earliest available opening there to get installed. I hope I can get my affairs in order by then for sure. I just ordered a bunch of other parts since I didnt think Id get the trans figured out by then.:doh:

TyCorr

Reaction score
All day? It takes longer to get a cup of coffee than it takes those guys to pull a transmission out!!

I figured as much...

JW said that he used to do an all day program where he'd sit the customer down and remove their trans and then rebuild it in front of them and explain the wear on the parts and how the new ones were better. Now his son is fresh out of high school they do two per day now. Kid pulls them, John Wood rebuilds them, and kid puts them back in.

Id looove to see Brian do this!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
All day? It takes longer to get a cup of coffee than it takes those guys to pull a transmission out!!

Yeah i know it only takes them about 45 min to take one out and have one back in and topping off the fluids... when i was there he had 6 trucks with the ass in the air.. so im sure he does work under them a bit......

Latest posts

Members online