Think its time for a BTS..

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I figured as much...

JW said that he used to do an all day program where he'd sit the customer down and remove their trans and then rebuild it in front of them and explain the wear on the parts and how the new ones were better. Now his son is fresh out of high school they do two per day now. Kid pulls them, John Wood rebuilds them, and kid puts them back in.

Id looove to see Brian do this!

Yep, Brian and crew pull your trans (in as little as 20min) and strip it to the bare case. The case goes in parts washer and gets painted, then you watch Brian build your new transmission. He will explain every part that goes in there and tell you what makes it better than 'stock'. Then, they put it back in your truck so you and Brian can go for a test drive. If you don't like the way it shifts, he will jack it up and adjust it to suit your needs. Its easily a one day program, but I have heard of folks getting out of there before 2pm - since they had a long drive home, and others (me) who were there until 8pm asking stooopid questions... I would say he probably would not let you leave until ya felt like you got your money's worth. I've heard he can build a couple more transmissions 'after hours' after the people like me who ask all the questions leave and the phone stops ringing!

I feel confident that nothing I'm ever gonna throw at this truck will break this transmission, but the day in the BTS shop was really worth the price of admission. I still may not fully understand how a little pink fluid can make my truck go 100mph, but I SAW why BTS is better than stock. He won't say anything about the others, but he had a suncoast trans in there on one of my visits and showed me why it failed... Meanwhile, I learned ALOT about the old 7.3 I never knew I didn't know and even some stuff about 6.0/6.4 and 6bt's!!! The guy is an encyclopedia of knowledge AND is patient enough to explain stuff to a dumass redneck like me. :toast:

Latest posts

Members online