Tinting windshield questions.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put a strip of tint along the top of my windshield. How will it go over the "super duty" lettering and pattern up there? What shade should I go with? 20%, 5%?
Show some pics of your windshield tint and tell me the details on it. Not interested in tinting the whole windshield, just the top.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Here is mine. I prefer a piece of vinyl. My windshield is tinted also...

I have since removed the strip, I prefer the look without it on this truck. I got pulled over twice and got a ticket for the strip and they did not notice the tint.

002_zps62b9335e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

taterthedog

Reaction score
Hmm. Another option. Vinyl is on the outside I'm assuming. Tint on the inside? Looks good.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Hmm. Another option. Vinyl is on the outside I'm assuming. Tint on the inside? Looks good.

Correct. Plus it protects the windshield from rock chips...I have had vinyl strips for years and had a bunch of rocks hit them. And you can pick a color.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
If you do the tint, 5% or its not worth it IMO. I got my dad's done for him and he went with 20% and now regrets it. It just does not block out enough sun.
I had the windshield done at 50% it was a good choice and at night was not bad at all. If I was to do it again I'd go darker tho.
Also got pulled over once and he looked at the front windshield and did not notice the tint; or he just did not care.

Chatty, what % is that?

taterthedog

Reaction score
Correct. Plus it protects the windshield from rock chips...I have had vinyl strips for years and had a bunch of rocks hit them. And you can pick a color.

Windshield has been cracked right across for years. No sense worrying about chips now. Lol.

taterthedog

Reaction score
If you do the tint, 5% or its not worth it IMO. I got my dad's done for him and he went with 20% and now regrets it. It just does not block out enough sun.

5% is what I was thinking.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I had the windshield done at 50% it was a good choice and at night was not bad at all. If I was to do it again I'd go darker tho.
Also got pulled over once and he looked at the front windshield and did not notice the tint; or he just did not care.

Chatty, what % is that?

Mine is 50% looks light in that pic.

MNStroker316

Reaction score
I tint windows for a side job while I'm in school, I would also agree that 5% is the only way to go. I currently have a brow and "mustache" on my truck both in 5. Soon will be taking both off to do the whole windshield in 50, and do a 5% brow.
0f56a86e4b1ab5f965abe65859f158fe.jpg
255566635832b837afef4f5c9fe2321f.jpg

turbie

Reaction score
Here is mine. I prefer a piece of vinyl. My windshield is tinted also...

I have since removed the strip, I prefer the look without it on this truck. I got pulled over twice and got a ticket for the strip and they did not notice the tint.

002_zps62b9335e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Who did your tint? I need to get mine done.

jngreen

Reaction score
Windshield has been cracked right across for years. No sense worrying about chips now. Lol.

You are going to tint a cracked windshield?

I put 50% on my wife's vehicle and we like it.

taterthedog

Reaction score
^^ That's interesting stuff. I'm looking more to block the sun and darken up the interior a bit. The heat is not a big problem up here, but blocking out UV rays is always a plus.

Latest posts

Members online