Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Switch to 22.5s

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Super Singles

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Definitely agree with you man. I'm thinking 3.73s would be decent for my setup. Think I could recoup anything with my 4.30s? Also only thing keeping me considering the 3.55s is the fact that the closest things to me are 45 mins to an hour away on the freeway....but I think I wouldn't like the low end grunt I'd lose compared to the 3.73s though. Wish i could find better answers to guys running 3.73s on these duallies with real world MPG figures.

the 3.55 and 3.73 is not but a few RPMs difference.... So if you dont plan on hauling a butt load, then the 3.55s are very realistic. Aaron tows his 42 ft goose with 2 trucks, grossing over 25 K with a SWR 250 and 3.55s...... and your tires are 1-2 inches shorter than what he is running...

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
That's pretty awsome...I don't plan on much else in the way of performance so the 3.55s may suit me fine. I will be researching this but sounds like 4 new stock size tires and 3.55s is the best for me. I'll be calling Randy's soon and talking it over with them. Thanks for all the help man. It sure would be neat to see 17-18 mpg out of a dually. do you think gears are something that I can do on my own in a weekend?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
That's pretty awsome...I don't plan on much else in the way of performance so the 3.55s may suit me fine. I will be researching this but sounds like 4 new stock size tires and 3.55s is the best for me. I'll be calling Randy's soon and talking it over with them. Thanks for all the help man. It sure would be neat to see 17-18 mpg out of a dually. do you think gears are something that I can do on my own in a weekend?

I have changed gears fairly ofter, in Jeeps, many years ago. After seeing the pain in the azz the rear end caused my regular gear mechs, I would not touch it. Aaron's crew changed mine, again, after they chit the bed at his shop.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
I'm with Corb..
wheels & tires.. in 19.5 are HUGELY 'spensive...

just replace the back 4, save more jingle for what you want, then craigslist the old stuff when you replace them..

Lowdown89

Reaction score
My dually is only 2wd but I'm swapping out the 4.10's for 3.73's... Since I run stock size tires the truck turns some serious RPMs on the highway and I was still getting around 15mpg unloaded so I figure with the 3.73s it will make for a much nicer ride on the highway and a little increase in fuel mileage not to mention it will be nice to gain a little top end speed

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Were'nt you originally shooting for a 6" and 37s?? I'm a bit late to the party here but I would not go to a 19.5 or 22.5. My favorite dually I've seen to date is a 6" lifted truck on shaved 22's tho... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Attachments

• normal_Tow_boss_with_Montana_2.jpg
    normal_Tow_boss_with_Montana_2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 37

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone is really good at spending other peoples money including myself haha. I could use about 5K in tires for a handful of rigs myself:fustrate:

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Still haven't decided haha...the 255 BFGs are promising looking but something about a Swamper makes me...happy lol. I just wish the damn wheels were wider seems most tires I REALLY like are only offered in 13.50..I'm sure I could run them but wonder how the wear would be.

Latest posts

Members online