Titan tank

gnxtc2

Reaction score
After being spoiled with dual 38 gallon, stock location tanks on my OBS, I'm looking into getting the 65 gallon Titan Tank for the 2016.

Does the stock sending unit get re-used? If so, is the tank deeper and/or longer? Does the gauge stay on "F" longer and has a slower drop?

Any thing else I should be concerned about or tip on the install?

Thanks

Billy T.
[email protected]

leland88

Reaction score
On my short box tank. It was about an inch deeper. My gauge seems to be pretty even. When I'm at 1/2 a tank it's about 25 gallons +- a bit. Everything stays stock other then the tank. The install was pretty straight forward

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Just got done installing mine. Broke a fuel line clip, blue one actually. Apparently Ford has a revised part that is pink for the clips now. Yellow clip came right off and the blue one just snapped when I went to unclick it. Be very careful with that thing. Otherwise install is pretty easy. Just verify clocking and o ring position and cross tighten the sender, wait and recheck.

It hangs down a little lower but not much. Maybe an inch like stated earlier.

Gauge works like normal, just have to reset gallons by dealer to get miles to empty corrected. Unsure if I need to return to stock before doing that, I haven't attempted to ask yet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got done installing mine. Broke a fuel line clip, blue one actually. Apparently Ford has a revised part that is pink for the clips now. Yellow clip came right off and the blue one just snapped when I went to unclick it. Be very careful with that thing. Otherwise install is pretty easy. Just verify clocking and o ring position and cross tighten the sender, wait and recheck.

It hangs down a little lower but not much. Maybe an inch like stated earlier.

Gauge works like normal, just have to reset gallons by dealer to get miles to empty corrected. Unsure if I need to return to stock before doing that, I haven't attempted to ask yet.
i dont think you need to return to stock.

Broke 20

Reaction score
I don't know about the '16's, but on my '13 the FX4 skid plate was a bit in the way of the Titan tank. I have read some people remove it, but I opted to just notch it. I believe that's only if your truck has the FX4 package though. Other than that, install and take it to the dealer to re-calibrate like previously stated.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I don't know about the '16's, but on my '13 the FX4 skid plate was a bit in the way of the Titan tank. I have read some people remove it, but I opted to just notch it. I believe that's only if your truck has the FX4 package though. Other than that, install and take it to the dealer to re-calibrate like previously stated.

Yep! Forgot I had to notch mine. Was going to just leave it off, but decided to notch it. Only on fx4

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've got a shortbed so it's 50 gal for me.
This is one of my favorite upgrades.

Yes, it stays on F a bit longer, but it's not horrible. The rest seems to work as stock.

The Diesel tech at the dealer couldn't figure out how to reprogram, but let me have the keyboard for a few minutes and I figured it out. Works great now.

I will say, PAINT your straps black before install, those giant silver things hanging down look like crap.

Also, this is probably not for someone who does a lot of 4wheelin as it does hang down quite a bit more than stock. I know they advertise 1", but it looks like a lot more. Doesn't much matter to me as I'm not taking a 8500lb truck 4wheelin.

Titan tank is a terrific upgrade, do it and never look back (except at all the fuel stations you'll get to pass.)

Notneb

Reaction score
For that exact reason * hanging down too much* is why I'm looking at their spare tire 40 gallon tank. I do waaaay too much off road shenanigans to go with the 50 gallon stock replacement.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.