torque app for 6.7

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I remember reading that somone is using it but couldn't remember who or what thread it was in... also that there are custom settings for the 6.7 specifically... can someone post up any info please?

live life full throttle

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'm using it. After you download the app and get your OBD2 adapter, go to this post: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322804-torque-pro-ford-6-7l-extended-pids-3.html#post14573134 and follow the directions. Do note though, one of the PIDs from that download does not work. I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the Coolant or Transmission temp. Whichever it is, the PID already programmed in the App works.

*I hate linking to another Ford forum, but I also believe in giving credit where credit is due.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
YES!!! THANK YOU FELLAS!!! got my blue tooth obd plug and loaded the tq pro but haven't set it up yet as I just got home for a long weekend from work..

I'm using it. After you download the app and get your OBD2 adapter, go to this post: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322804-torque-pro-ford-6-7l-extended-pids-3.html#post14573134 and follow the directions. Do note though, one of the PIDs from that download does not work. I can't remember off the top of my head if it was the Coolant or Transmission temp. Whichever it is, the PID already programmed in the App works.

*I hate linking to another Ford forum, but I also believe in giving credit where credit is due.
thanks for the pointers!! trans temp and oil temp are already on my lcd display so that is not a problem... I mainly want all the egt sensors. I hear ya on the linking other sites, but if it is good info and not taking away from our vendors then it is usually fine with everyone...

live life full throttle

PDT1081

Reaction score
do tye 6.7 PIDs show up if the adapter isnt plugged in? I tried setting up the display but no worky...

live life full throttle

They show up in the PID list. You can setup your display without being linked to the truck. You obviously won't have any data to make the gauges work, but you will be able to see them.

My suggestion for setting up your display is start the truck and start the app. The home screen should display RPMs by default. This is how you know it's working. Next, go to real-time data. Click menu to add a display. The PIDs that are read, show up in green with a value. Go through and add as many as you want. Don't worry about gauge locations and such, just add the displays that are working. Then, you can shut the truck off and arrange them the way you want. Otherwise, you may select a PID that isn't working. I'll post some screen shots of what I have tonight.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
They show up in the PID list. You can setup your display without being linked to the truck. You obviously won't have any data to make the gauges work, but you will be able to see them.

My suggestion for setting up your display is start the truck and start the app. The home screen should display RPMs by default. This is how you know it's working. Next, go to real-time data. Click menu to add a display. The PIDs that are read, show up in green with a value. Go through and add as many as you want. Don't worry about gauge locations and such, just add the displays that are working. Then, you can shut the truck off and arrange them the way you want. Otherwise, you may select a PID that isn't working. I'll post some screen shots of what I have tonight.
ok. thanks man... I must have not done it right last night then...

live life full throttle

txSD1211

Reaction score
I am actually looking at doing the same thing I really would like to avoid buying a 2nd unit to be used primarily for display , if you don't mind me asking which OBD2 adapter works with the 6.7 & are you using the torque lite or pro app?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I wonder if you could get this app for your stereo head units and what not. For like aftermarket Double Din touch screens that accept aps....hmmm

Edit: DashCommand works on Pioneer headunits.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
got it figured out!! its working awesomely!!!
0eef2bf12d1e615813d8ac3b0db07843.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am actually looking at doing the same thing I really would like to avoid buying a 2nd unit to be used primarily for display , if you don't mind me asking which OBD2 adapter works with the 6.7 & are you using the torque lite or pro app?
I actually bought the cheap mini elm327 off amazon... paid like 9 bucks shipped to my door.. app is 5 bucks... well worth it so far...
and using tq pro
live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Radioflyer

Reaction score
hmmm....I think I may go this route and hook my phone as a aux for gauges on my head unit. Nice thread!

PDT1081

Reaction score
Torque Lite is for making sure the app works with your vehicle. Torque Pro is definitely worth the cost ($2.99?).

I've had the app for 2 or 3 years now. I bought the OBD/MXLINK adapter. It was $100 when I bought it. At that time, there wasn't much info and it was one recommended by the developer. I also was of the thought "this plus into the computer. It for sure works. Will it be worth it if a $10 adapter ruins my ECM?" Now, like I said, that was a couple years ago when this was still new to the market and I hadn't heard of many people using it on a 7.3. I'm sure the inexpensive ones work just as well.

PDT1081

Reaction score
got it figured out!! its working awesomely!!!
0eef2bf12d1e615813d8ac3b0db07843.jpg

live life full throttle

Awesome!

I'm actually surprised one of the major aftermarket companies hasn't latched onto this idea yet. There's still a couple PIDs that I'd like, but don't know the equations for. VGT Duty Cycle, Exhaust Back Pressure, and Fuel Rail Pressure are the biggest ones. If a company were to offer an app like this (where all PIDs work), with a Bluetooth adapter, for $100, it'd put a major dent in the monitor market. Heck, $50 would still be making money.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
hmmm....I think I may go this route and hook my phone as a aux for gauges on my head unit. Nice thread!
a tablet with a biger screen would be badass too...
Awesome!

I'm actually surprised one of the major aftermarket companies hasn't latched onto this idea yet. There's still a couple PIDs that I'd like, but don't know the equations for. VGT Duty Cycle, Exhaust Back Pressure, and Fuel Rail Pressure are the biggest ones. If a company were to offer an app like this (where all PIDs work), with a Bluetooth adapter, for $100, it'd put a major dent in the monitor market. Heck, $50 would still be making money.
yes for sure!!! id like that too..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well, just had my first dash commanded full regen and took a screenshot of the app monitoring it... holy hell, I think I was better off not seeing those numbers driving 55mph with nothing in tow... I dont know if that is all it would see no matter what, but if it went up depending on what I was doing, I dont know if I would like that much...
4dde1634bf09637f424ac4d78151e3a5.jpg

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.