torque app for 6.7

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Setting the OBD2 protocol to automatic would make my 2015 F250 experience the same issues when left plugged in. The transmission being jumpy was scary. I changed the OBD2 protocol to ISO 15765-4 Can (29bit 500k baud) and problems went away. It's been connected for almost a year with no issues. Try it out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

can you by chance tell me what all that garble even means. bit and baud?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Colotl

Reaction score
can you by chance tell me what all that garble even means. bit and baud?

live life full throttle

Bit is the number of data points and Baud is how fast it sends these data points per second.

Colotl

Reaction score
wtf is a data point? lol

live life full throttle

A data point is a measurement taken, can be the voltage reading to your battery, oil temp, trans temp, speed etc..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A data point is a measurement taken, can be the voltage reading to your battery, oil temp, trans temp, speed etc..
mine wont switch to the protocol you said.. it trys then fails then automatically sets to the 11 bit 500 baud..

live life full throttle

Colotl

Reaction score
mine wont switch to the protocol you said.. it trys then fails then automatically sets to the 11 bit 500 baud..

live life full throttle

Well that sucks, what year is your truck? Going to try to find the topic and see if I can help.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well that sucks, what year is your truck? Going to try to find the topic and see if I can help.

12. thanks man. no matter what setting its on, it automatically goes to the 11/500

live life full throttle

Ronniewo

Reaction score
New to the Powerstroke world, seems like I'm having the same issue. I have a 2016, 6.7L. My Android connects to the OBD2 (It's a Innova Quicklink if that matters) but it will not connect to the ECU. I've tried all of the OBD2 protocols on the Torque app and haven't had any luck. Am I missing something? Thanks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
New to the Powerstroke world, seems like I'm having the same issue. I have a 2016, 6.7L. My Android connects to the OBD2 (It's a Innova Quicklink if that matters) but it will not connect to the ECU. I've tried all of the OBD2 protocols on the Torque app and haven't had any luck. Am I missing something? Thanks.

it might be the quicklink. some have connectivity issues

live life full throttle

Ronniewo

Reaction score
I can connect it to the ECU with the Quicklink App (their app sucks BTW and has a terrible interface). I've been trying to figure out what protocol it's using but it doesn't display that info anywhere.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I can connect it to the ECU with the Quicklink App (their app sucks BTW and has a terrible interface). I've been trying to figure out what protocol it's using but it doesn't display that info anywhere.
you switched to each protocol manually? theres like 20 different ones on mine.. do you have the 6.7 powerstroke specific pid's loaded? 15s and 16s should be the same i believe.

live life full throttle

Ronniewo

Reaction score
Yeah, I switched between them manually. I haven't loaded the PIDs yet, I've been stuck on getting it connect to the truck. I'll try that and see if it helps.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah, I switched between them manually. I haven't loaded the PIDs yet, I've been stuck on getting it connect to the truck. I'll try that and see if it helps.
have to have the pid's

live life full throttle

Ronniewo

Reaction score
Just loaded the PIDs and it still doesn't connect to the ECU through the app. I'll keep messing with settings and see if I get lucky.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just loaded the PIDs and it still doesn't connect to the ECU through the app. I'll keep messing with settings and see if I get lucky.
did activate the pids? have to go in and select them also. cant just load them.

live life full throttle

Ronniewo

Reaction score
Just a sanity check to make sure my thinking is correct. I can connect to the ECU with a different app so the adapter is working fine. I can connect the adapter to Torque, but Torque won't connect to the ECU. To me, that sounds like a setting is screwed up somewhere. I looked at the pins on my OBD2 connector and it should be a version of ISO15765-4 based on what pins I have. Still no luck by changing the OBD Protocol. Any other suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.