Torque Tech Programmer

Charles W

Reaction score
I just put the torque tech programmer along with deleting my DPF and my trans lasted about 7 days and now it's shot. I noticed that it shifts at set speed no matter how much or little throttle your giving it. Now I have a broke trans and a 1200 programmer. Any advice or info would be a great help.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
They're a decent tuner for a decent price. I've sold a few , and haven't heard of any complaints. That being said , I assume your trans was just waiting to go. What power level were you in ?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
T programmer is not your issue or cause of your trans failing...we have sold over 50 units with no issues and guys tow and use them all day long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
It's a DashDAQ/nDASH unit with proprietary tuning. They are starting to gain popularity as others are becoming unavailable.
The tuner itself is not even made in the us and is no way based out of a dash day either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Charles W

Reaction score
I was in 150hp tune and I pretty sure my tranny wasn't waiting to go. I could hold it wide open and it would miss 5th gear sometimes. It was trying to drop to many Rpms

3brorce

Reaction score
Advice, build the trans. At fault, your right foot is the fault of your trans failure not the TT..

Charles W

Reaction score
Took it slow and easy. 25% 50% and 100%. Like I said it was on there for 7 days till it finally went out. I spoke with tech torque and the man I bought it from 4 days before it went out and did every thing they said to try.

Charles W

Reaction score
Most of the guys on here giving advise are dealers. I have not contacted the dealer I bought mine from. Most people will contact torque tech or a site like this. I mean I wouldn't say anything bad about the product I was selling either. I was told by torque tech that the only tunning it does is raise the line pressure. Second time I spoke with someone different and asked them for specs on their tranny tunning. I was told they would get back with me with those as it was to much to tell over the phone and that they would email them to me

Reaction score
Most of the guys on here giving advise are dealers. I have not contacted the dealer I bought mine from. Most people will contact torque tech or a site like this. I mean I wouldn't say anything bad about the product I was selling either. I was told by torque tech that the only tunning it does is raise the line pressure. Second time I spoke with someone different and asked them for specs on their tranny tunning. I was told they would get back with me with those as it was to much to tell over the phone and that they would email them to me

Sorry but your theory doesn't work. We don't protect products that don't work. If these things were killing trucks we would t sell them. There are plenty other options out there. No need to protect any single tuning company. The tuning that they are using has been used for a long time and has not had any issues. I'm sorry about your luck. But if everyone that got one fries their trans ASAP, you can bet it would have been brought up as a problem and people would know. Your not the first guy to toast a trans. It sucks, but I guarantee it wasn't the tunes fault.

What is it doing? How many miles you put on it since you tuned it? If it's an 11 did you make sure
It had the valve body updates? Other trans updates? There were a run of them that had issues.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry but your theory doesn't work. We don't protect products that don't work. If these things were killing trucks we would t sell them. There are plenty other options out there. No need to protect any single tuning company. The tuning that they are using has been used for a long time and has not had any issues. I'm sorry about your luck. But if everyone that got one fries their trans ASAP, you can bet it would have been brought up as a problem and people would know. Your not the first guy to toast a trans. It sucks, but I guarantee it wasn't the tunes fault.

What is it doing? How many miles you put on it since you tuned it? If it's an 11 did you make sure
It had the valve body updates? Other trans updates? There were a run of them that had issues.

amen sister.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
amen sister.

What they said ^

Charles W

Reaction score
I maybe got 500 miles out of it once I tuned it. The truck is a 09 model with134k miles. Torque tech said they do not have an update for that year the tranny started slipping in the high gears and now it's all of them. It won't run over 35 it slips so bad. Their May not be anything wrong with torque tech but their is something very wrong with the one I have. I went to not having any problems to installing a chip and missing 5th gear sometimes and burnt up a week later. I wasn't driving the piss out of my truck. Wot maybe 3 times.

Charles W

Reaction score
And when I get a new tranny. Should I have it built back to stock specs or beef it up a little or just drop the 6 grand and buy one from suncoast

Latest posts

Members online