Torque Tech Programmer

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
And when I get a new tranny. Should I have it built back to stock specs or beef it up a little or just drop the 6 grand and buy one from suncoast

I would recommend a reputable builder like Elite Diesel,Midwest Diesel,MPD, Rudys Diesel etc or a reputable local builder. If you don't have a local reputable builder near you I would pick the company closest to me and has a good warranty,customer service etc.

Stroked777

Reaction score
If your gunna drop the coin on a trans might as well upgrade. If it failed in stock form once, why do it again. You will be ahead just to bite the bullet and pay for a built trans now from one of the builder powerstroke man mention

Reaction score
I maybe got 500 miles out of it once I tuned it. The truck is a 09 model with134k miles. Torque tech said they do not have an update for that year the tranny started slipping in the high gears and now it's all of them. It won't run over 35 it slips so bad. Their May not be anything wrong with torque tech but their is something very wrong with the one I have. I went to not having any problems to installing a chip and missing 5th gear sometimes and burnt up a week later. I wasn't driving the piss out of my truck. Wot maybe 3 times.

Ok, yeah I for some reason thought this was a 6.7 truck.

The 5r110 is a finicky transmission at best. They are fairly strong in stock form. But a LOT of people have toasted their 5r once tuned. To me you probably had a bad Direct solenoid and once more power was added it made it slip witch is why you now have no fifth gear. Not an uncommon problem.

I'm sorry that it happened to you. Put a good trans in and there will be no worries. It was on its way out regardless of having a tuner. The tuner just made it go quicker because it had more power.

Charles W

Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that has a 6.4 and has been through all the problems that I can keep in close touch with. I'm just trying to educate myself on these thangs.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Just keep reading the forums man. I do it all the time. I always check out the tech section and if I see a thread on a problem I don't know how to fix or a problem I never heard of before and I will read up on it. There was a thread about a truck acting weird where the lights would act funny and what not, now if the symptoms happen to me on the side of the road I know exactly where to look

Latest posts

Members online